- Manar TV Director says farewell: resigns from post Thursday following Bahrain backlash
Qasir left for Iran after the resignation was approved. Al-Wasat Bahraini daily said in a report ... the party of interfering in its internal affairs. ...
Editor's Choice - 26/12/2013 - 11:43 - comment 0
- Egypt: Morsi allies, Muslim Brotherhood seek meetings with interim government
Al-Islamiyya, and the Al-Wasat Party announced their readiness to engage constructively with the government. ... told Asharq Al-Awsat : “I received more than one phone call from Al-Wasat Party figures who welcomed ... the Anti-Coup Alliance, a coalition of mostly Islamist parties demanding the reinstatement of Mohamed Morsi ...
19/02/2014 - 12:03 - comment 0
- Brotherhood loses ground in Egypt student elections
on the Muslim Brotherhood’s side,” said Mohamed Abul Lail, student leader of the Al-Wasat Party . “The ... for opposition parties launched an elections list entitled “Sout Al-Talaba” (the students’ voice). It includes the student movements of the Al-Dostour Party, the Popular Current , the Social Popular Alliance Party ...
Editor's Choice - 06/03/2013 - 08:53 - comment 0
- Egypt 48 hours on: Shafiq faces jail time for alleged corruption
for Pilots, which was headed by Ahmed Shafiq in the 1990's. Former MP Essam Sultan of Al-Wasat Party ...
Editor's Choice - 26/06/2012 - 12:21 - comment 0
- Ex-presidential candidate Shafiq pops up to whine about Egypt ...from his home in Dubai
host asked him to respond to a clip by Isam Sultan, vice president of Al-Wasat moderate Islamist party ... to the power of one party going after the suspect.” “I believe I can explain my silence. I am ... that he would come back to Egypt and form a political party. Shafiq told Al Arabiya Saturday he would ...
Editor's Choice - 03/09/2012 - 06:23 - comment 0
- Tantawi accepts PM resignation, vows to hold elections on time
Earlier, Abul-Ela Madi, the leader of Al Wasat (Center) Party had announced that the Egyptian political ...
24/11/2011 - 12:25 - comment 0
- Running the country's economy from the outside? Libya's central bank chief fired amidst power struggle
to the general prosecutor for investigation on “a number of issues”, according to Libyan daily al-Wasat ... parties in Libya. Most recently, Jordan had been suggested as a possible neutral party able to act ... Arabi21 that they consider Jordan to be an active party in the conflict. A source from within Libya ...
15/09/2014 - 05:00 - comment 0
- US and EU did not propose political dialogue, says pro-Morsi coalition.
spokesperson of the Islamist pro-Morsi coalition and leading member of the Islamist Al-Wasat Party. El-Malt ...
07/08/2013 - 06:01 - comment 0
- Ali Al Hajar gettin' some hate after his anti-Islamist song went viral
is a historic blunder for Ali Al Hajar,” added Azzam, a deputy head of the Islamist Al Wasat Party, an ally ...
08/09/2013 - 11:06 - comment 0
- Gasoline cuts strike Egypt
Sultan, a lawmaker from the Islamist Al-Wasat party. The country's wider economic malaise ...
01/04/2012 - 13:50 - comment 0