- Harki veterans, former northern African soldiers of the French army during the Algerian national Liberation war (1957-62), sit next to pictures of refugee camps as they attend a meeting of the Harkis' Liaison Committee on May 10, 2014 in Colombey-les-deux
Harki veterans, former northern African soldiers of the French army during the Algerian national Liberation war (1957-62), sit next to pictures of refugee camps as they attend a meeting of the Harkis' Liaison Committee on May 10, 2014 in Colombey-les-deux-Eglises, ...
12/05/2014 - 06:11 - comment 0
- The Israeli spy in Beirut: his life in print
of Algerian descent called Mustafa Taleb disappeared. He told his friends he was returning to Algeria to live with his family following his home country’s liberation from French occupation. None of these friends, ... stages of the work of “Mustafa Taleb.” The Algerian businessman came to Beirut in 1956 and settled ...
Editor's Choice - 25/06/2012 - 13:36 - comments 4
- Ailing Algerian president makes first public appearance since assuming fourth term
of the National Liberation Army (NLA) that led the country to its independence from France 52 years ago, ... Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika made his first ... Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika made his first public appearance Saturday since he was sworn ...
05/07/2014 - 18:00 - comment 0
- The Mandela-Algeria connection: The influence of Algeria's revolution on South Africa's anti-apartheid movement
and the Algerian National Liberation Army. Mandela was inspired by the Algerian rebels and they in turn ... Liberation Army headquarters in the Moroccan city of Oujda, where arms were frequently smuggled in to the Algerian rebels. “They were an army of guerillas who earned their stars by the battles they fought, ...
08/12/2013 - 06:47 - comment 0
- More than 100 killed in Algeria since outset of 2003; Report: Army to get advanced equipment to fight militants
The Algerian army will get its first advanced weaponry ... on the The Algerian army will get its first advanced weaponry from the United States soon to beef up a strategy ... Saout al Ahrar daily, mouthpiece of the ruling National Liberation Front, said the army "prepared ...
18/05/2010 - 15:24 - comment 0
- UNICEF welcomes renewed commitment by the Sudan People’s Liberation Army to prevent and end its association with children
UNICEF has hailed as a key milestone thesigning of a new action plan by the Sudan People’s Liberation Army (SPLA)to end the use ... the signing of this action plan, which marks a renewedcommitment by the Sudan People’s Liberation Army ...
16/05/2010 - 16:22 - comment 0
- Algerian army kills four Islamist militants
The Algerian army killed four Islamists during ... Four Islamists were killed by the Algerian army during an overnight ambush south of the capital, the ... (Algerian army)... four terrorists were eliminated at around midnight, during an ambush" on a road near ...
23/01/2014 - 14:10 - comment 0
- Algerian president - only Arab leader to attend Sudan peace ceremony
leader of the rebel Sudan People's Liberation Movement/Army (SPLM/A), inked the deal, which is aimed ...
18/05/2010 - 13:01 - comment 0
- Iraq Slams Israel, Forms Army ‘to Liberate Jerusalem’
the formation of an army \"to liberate Jerusalem\" from Israeli occupation, a senior Iraqi official announc Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has ordered the formation of an army ... brigade of volunteers in the Al-Quds Al-Sharif (Jerusalem) Army to liberate Jerusalem," Ali Hassan ...
19/05/2010 - 08:51 - comment 0
- Algerian President Bouteflika to run for fourth term
Algeria's ailing President Abdelaziz Bouteflika will run for a fourth term, his National Liberation ... of the National Liberation Front party or FLN, told Reuters Bouteflika was determined to create a "civil ... his National Liberation Front (NLF) party announced on Saturday. ...
27/10/2013 - 05:43 - comment 0