- Harki veterans, former northern African soldiers of the French army during the Algerian national Liberation war (1957-62), sit next to pictures of refugee camps as they attend a meeting of the Harkis' Liaison Committee on May 10, 2014 in Colombey-les-deux
Harki veterans, former northern African soldiers of the French army during the Algerian national Liberation war (1957-62), sit next to pictures of refugee camps as they attend a meeting of the Harkis' Liaison Committee on May 10, 2014 in Colombey-les-deux-Eglises, ...
12/05/2014 - 07:11 - comment 0
- Ailing Algerian president makes first public appearance since assuming fourth term
of the National Liberation Army (NLA) that led the country to its independence from France 52 years ago, ... Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika made his first ... Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika made his first public appearance Saturday since he was sworn ...
05/07/2014 - 19:00 - comment 0
- The Israeli spy in Beirut: his life in print
of Algerian descent called Mustafa Taleb disappeared. He told his friends he was returning to Algeria to live with his family following his home country’s liberation from French occupation. None of these friends, ... stages of the work of “Mustafa Taleb.” The Algerian businessman came to Beirut in 1956 and settled ...
Editor's Choice - 25/06/2012 - 14:36 - comments 4
- The Mandela-Algeria connection: The influence of Algeria's revolution on South Africa's anti-apartheid movement
and the Algerian National Liberation Army. Mandela was inspired by the Algerian rebels and they in turn ... during the 1960s with the rebels of the National Liberation Front played a critical role in shaping ... 1960s. “Mandela received his initial military training by the rebels of the National Liberation ...
08/12/2013 - 07:47 - comment 0
- Algerian President Bouteflika to run for fourth term
Algeria's ailing President Abdelaziz Bouteflika will run for a fourth term, his National Liberation ... of the National Liberation Front party or FLN, told Reuters Bouteflika was determined to create a "civil ... his National Liberation Front (NLF) party announced on Saturday. ...
27/10/2013 - 06:43 - comment 0
- More than 100 killed in Algeria since outset of 2003; Report: Army to get advanced equipment to fight militants
Saout al Ahrar daily, mouthpiece of the ruling National Liberation Front, said the army "prepared ... The Algerian army will get its first advanced weaponry ... on the The Algerian army will get its first advanced weaponry from the United States soon to beef up a strategy ...
18/05/2010 - 16:24 - comment 0
- Islamists claim Algerian election results forged
indicated Friday a win for the ruling National Liberation Front (FLN) Results from yesterday's election in Algeria indicated Friday a win for the ruling National Liberation Front (FLN), ... over 2007 (35.67%). The FLN won 220 out of the 462 seats, the National Democratic Rally (RND) ...
14/05/2012 - 08:02 - comment 0
- Between Assad and Auschwitz: The shocking similarities between the victims of Syria's war and the Holocaust
Army liberated the Nazi concentration camp at Auschwitz in southwest Poland. Sixty-nine years ago this week, soldiers of the Red Army liberated the Nazi concentration camp at Auschwitz ... this week, soldiers of the Red Army liberated the Nazi concentration camp at Auschwitz in southwest ...
Editor's Choice - 28/01/2014 - 09:06 - comment 0
- Will the Ukraine crisis give Qatar a chance to liberate Europe from Russian gas dependency? Maybe not, but it's certainly worth considering
on Russian gas imports is now perceived as a threat to national security. ... as Europe’s dominant supplier but Qatar, Abu Dhabi and Algerian LNG will definitely become more prominent ... imports is now perceived as a threat to national security. For instance, Poland has purchased Qatari LNG ...
13/05/2014 - 22:56 - comment 0
- A tense Egypt counts down: Will the June 30 protest result in violent showdown?
to the Egyptian state and there must be consensus among all.” “It is the national and moral duty of the army ... The Egyptian army’s strong warnings on Saturday to intervene and stop the country “from plunging into a dark tunnel” were seen by political observers as directed to both the Islamists in power and the liberal ...
24/06/2013 - 10:19 - comment 0