- Queen's Jubilee the Lebanon way: not high tea 'n' scones, but high skirts 'n' fashion
Embassy in Beirut. This Great British-Lebanese affair gave the stolid royal celebration a spunkier feel ... time was had by all at the Lebanese Queen’s jubilee fashion show, hosted by the British Embassy in Beirut. This Great British-Lebanese affair gave the stolid royal celebration a spunkier feel by capturing ...
Editor's Choice - 19/06/2012 - 15:55 - comment 0
- Official: Jordan Helps Foil Attacks on Embassies in Beirut
series of planned attacks on foreign embassies in Beirut, including the US, British and Jordanian ... in Beirut, including the US, British and Jordanian missions, a senior government official told AFP Tuesday. ... anti-terrorist war. "Attacks were due to take place against several Arab embassies in Beirut, including ...
18/05/2010 - 17:36 - comment 0
- Twenty Students Injured in Bid to March on US Embassy in Beirut
when some 2,000 attempted to surge through barriers to the US embassy in Beirut during a demonst ... through barriers to the US embassy in Beirut during a demonstration against American policies in the Middle East, reported the Daily Star newspaper. The joint US and British air raids near Baghdad ...
19/05/2010 - 09:48 - comment 0
- Two Greenpeace Activists Injured During Protest outside US Embassy in Beirut
personnel during an anti-nuclear protest in front of the US embassy in Beirut, reported the Daily Star newspaper. "We're peacefully protesting outside the confines of the United States Embassy ... as soldiers, kicked, shoved and dragged activists away from the iron gate fortifying the embassy. ...
18/05/2010 - 19:10 - comment 0
- Why tourists in Beirut remain unfazed by recent suicide bombings
were seen on the streets of Beirut, although the majority declined to comment. “Embassy warnings ... the tourists of Lebanon. As embassies warn against traveling to the country, some tourists say it's just an exaggeration. Seated on a bench at a Beirut cafe , 23-year-old Danish tourist Paw ...
24/06/2014 - 13:59 - comment 0
- Egyptian nuns residing in Lebanon arrive to cast their vote in Egypt's presidential elections at a polling station at the Egyptian embassy in Beirut on May 15, 2014. Egyptian expatriates around the world headed to the polls, casting the first votes to nam
Egyptian nuns residing in Lebanon arrive to cast their vote in Egypt's presidential elections at a polling station at the Egyptian embassy in Beirut on May 15, 2014. Egyptian expatriates around the world headed to the polls, casting the first votes ...
16/05/2014 - 08:46 - comment 0
- Iran urges Lebanon to investigate Saudi man linked to Iranian embassy bomb in Beirut
claimed a twin suicide attack on the Iranian embassy in Beirut last November that claimed the lives of 30 ... authorities have informed the Saudi Embassy in Beirut that they managed to arrest [head of the Abdallah Azzam ... responsibility for the Iranian embassy bombings in November 2013. Tehran has asked ...
02/01/2014 - 10:49 - comment 0
- Car bomb explodes near Iranian embassy in Beirut
A car bomb detonated near the Iranian embassy in Beirut Tuesday. At least seven people died from the explosion. At least seven people were killed following a car bomb near the Iranian embassy in Beirut on Tuesday, an Al Arabiya ...
19/11/2013 - 11:27 - comment 0
- Al Qaeda take responsibility for Iranian embassy blast in Beirut
that targeted the vicinity of the Iranian embassy and a popular suburb of Beirut where Iranian diplomats often ... affiliated with Al Qaeda, has taken responsibility for the twin suicide attack on the Iranian embassy in Beirut. The Abdullah Azzam Brigades, a Lebanese Sunni jihadist group affiliated ...
19/11/2013 - 12:30 - comment 0
- Death of a cultural attaché: Beirut's Iranian embassy victim remembered
Following Beirut's twin suicide bombing, ... Embassy Tuesday , but those acquainted with the religious figure said he was assiduously devoted to his work. “He was a very humble person,” embassy spokesperson Saeid Asadi told The Daily Star. “[He was] ...
Editor's Choice - 20/11/2013 - 07:48 - comment 0