- Image of Afghan heroine hijacked by Britain First to promote banning the burka
banning the burka by Britain First. A photographer has described her horror ... used to promote banning the burka by Britain First. Canadian Lana Slezic alleges that a picture she ... in a burka and holding a gun has been edited with a caption that reads: “Terror attack level: severe – ...
Editor's Choice - 21/09/2014 - 14:13 - comment 0
- It's not all about the burka! DKNY launches new Ramadan collection
Who said Muslim women are all about the burka? In the same week that france upheld the burka ban, DKNY released a Ramadan collection, so add it to your list of Eid presents! Muslim women’s clothes are once again in the spotlight, ...
Editor's Choice - 03/07/2014 - 10:01 - comment 0
- The clash of the bikini and the burka - French minister stresses national duty to wear a bikini to ward off the veil threat
A French MEP and former minister has created a storm in France by posting a picture of a veiled woman sitting on a beach and criticising it as an 'attack on our culture'. A ...
Editor's Choice - 24/08/2014 - 11:33 - comment 1
- Islamophobia rearing its ugly head? A burka'd Saudi Arabian student stabbed to death on her walk to UK university...case continues
A teenager who was a suspect in the brutal killing of a Saudi Arabian student in the UK has been released. A teenager who was arrested in connection with the death of a Saudi Arabian ...
Editor's Choice - 22/06/2014 - 10:56 - comment 0
- Baby burkas: Fatwa Sheikh tells Saudi tots to cover up
to be fully covered by wearing the face veil, commonly known as the burka, citing reports of little girls ... to be fully covered by wearing the face veil, commonly known as the burka, citing reports of little girls ... Are baby burkas a good idea? Share your comments with us below! ...
Editor's Choice - 03/02/2013 - 08:45 - comments 5
- Swap your bikini for a burka - here's the list of the hottest destinations for your "halal holiday"!
Turkey and the UAE have topped the list of "halal" places for Muslims to vay-cay to in the Middle East. Jordan is among the top 10 friendliest destinations for Muslim travel ...
Editor's Choice - 20/02/2014 - 08:57 - comment 0
- Burberry and the Burka: Hints to tweak this Fall's fashion for the Arab street
Syria is SO last season - we like our military on the catwalk, not in the form of airstrikes. Forget politics - it's in the Middle Eastern fashion world where things get really heated and frought, knotted and browed! Delving into the latest ...
Slideshow - 19/09/2013 - 08:05 - comment 0
- Britney Spears in a burka? Her photo graces Kabul's biggest shopping mall
of the house and into the work place. Nonetheless, while keeping their women in full burka, the men of Kabul ...
06/11/2012 - 06:57 - comment 0
- Baby burkas and pre-teen marriages: what's happening to the region's young girls?
For a decade or more, Western society has been made to take a serious look at what is happening to their children. With g-strings for the under 10s and pre-teen heels, it is frightening to think what the eventual outcome of this could be.But in the A ...
Slideshow - 19/02/2013 - 17:45 - comment 0
- Black burka widows: Why are Yemeni women killing their husbands?
As many as 50 women in Yemen were found guilty of murdering their husbands in various provinces last year. As many as 50 women in Yemen were found guilty of murdering their husbands ...
Editor's Choice - 08/01/2013 - 14:34 - comment 0