- If only its economy was the only thing tainted, Israel's black economy stands at 6.6% of GDP
The OECD estimates Israel's black economy at NIS ... economy at 6.6% of GDP in 2012, amounting to NIS 70 billion. Only half of OECD's members, including ... the non-observable economy (NOE) is 10-15% of GDP. The OECD measured Italy's NOE at 17.5% of GDP ...
19/06/2014 - 16:43 - comment 0
- Addressing its sinking economy: Yemen accession to the WTO is about becoming a maritime economy
economy because it gives countries easier access to other countries' markets under a set of agreed ... the highway," Talib told reporters. "We want to be on the value chain with the rest of the economies ... step in the global economy because it gives countries easier access to other countries' markets ...
29/05/2014 - 12:59 - comment 0
- Is the Saudi economy going to be unpredictable in H2?
How well is Saudi Arabia's economy doing? It's time to have optimism towards the non-oil economy as it transitions into the labour market to turn favourable for 2015. Saudi Arabia’s economy will start gathering pace from ...
02/09/2014 - 09:32 - comment 0
- Hurricane Sandy in US may cost economy $50 billion, will this hurt oil prices and MENA economies?
to 30 billion dollars in lost business, but will this hurt the fragile MENA economies ... sandy) (BUSINESS, Economy & Trade, Main headlines, International, Middle East, United States) ...
31/10/2012 - 10:59 - comment 0
- Iran Economy Alert: Sanctions will have knock-on effect on west's economies
his country has endured sanctions for 33 years and "this really shows that the economy ... economy to suffer." Concern over a possible military conflict in the Persian Gulf, the region ...
20/05/2012 - 13:42 - comment 0
- New Premium Economy Class takes off
On board the Boeing 747-8, the new Premium Economy ... 747-8, the new Premium Economy Class was presented on the special flight of LH 9880. The aircraft, ... Experts from Lufthansa Technik have fitted the Boeing 747-8 with the 32 new Premium Economy Class seats ...
Press Release - 09/10/2014 - 05:30 - comment 1
- No pain, no gain: Tunisian economy needs three years of tough love before rebounding
by many economies in the region three years after the Arab Spring. Tunisia’s economy needs at least three more years of painful and politically difficult reforms, including tax ... economies in the region three years after the Arab Spring. The uprisings hurt tax revenues and prompted ...
14/10/2014 - 14:46 - comment 0
- Short-term bliss? GCC economies 'resilient' despite dip in oil prices
prices will cause the collapse of GCC economies. Prince Abdulaziz Bin Salman ... arguments that lower oil prices will cause the collapse of GCC economies. In a speech delivered Wednesday ... misguided to say the least, and ignore the increased resilience of GCC economies.”Brent November crude ...
19/09/2014 - 03:06 - comment 0
- 'Dead aid': is there any hope left for South Sudan's economy?
a modern economy and drag its people out of their daily struggle to feed themselves. ... sturdy oil exports, a formula that offered a chance to build a modern economy and drag its people out ... that might have brought a modern economy are buckling under the pressure."There is fear. People ...
28/09/2014 - 05:00 - comment 0
- How will MENA economies look in 2015?
in Syria and the continued influx of refugees have adversely affected Lebanon’s economy, which ... Copyright © 2014, The Daily Star. All rights reserved. (BUSINESS, Economy & ...
10/10/2014 - 01:02 - comment 0