- John the Baptist\'s Cave Believed Found on East Bank of Jordan River
the Baptist is said to have been beheaded on the orders of Herod Antipas, the ruler of Galilee. Fearful of John's great influence over the people, Herod had him arrested and imprisoned at Machaerus on the Dead Sea when John denounced his adulterous and incestuous marriage with Herodias, wife of Herod ...
19/05/2010 - 10:00 - comment 0
- Hamas member killed in Gaza, Israeli policeman stabbed in Jerusalem; PA slams “American bias toward Israel”
An Israeli police officer was stabbed and seriously wounded Tuesday afternoon near Herod's Gate in Jerusalem's Old City. The assailant fled ... afternoon near Herod's Gate in Jerusalem's Old City. The assailant fled the scene. ...
18/05/2010 - 16:46 - comment 0
- Israel Continues Judaization of Jerusalem
between Damascus Gate and Herod's Gate (Bab el-Amoud and Bab al-Sahira in Arabic, respectively). ... adjacent to the historical Wall of Jerusalem, where there is currently accelerated work near Herod ...
Editor's Choice - 26/06/2011 - 18:51 - comments 3
- Isreal detains Jerusalem's top Muslim cleric after scuffles at al-Aqsa mosque
is venerated by Jews as the site where King Herod's temple once stood. Israelis have made repeated threats ...
08/05/2013 - 11:01 - comment 0
- Israel playing dirty: Is this archaeologist's "discovery" of King David's lost citadel a bid to gain more control in Jerusalem?
found in the region from before the time of King Herod, who expanded the Second Jewish Temple complex ...
Editor's Choice - 07/05/2014 - 09:25 - comments 2
- What's really behind the King of Jordan's royal shame in his trans-Atlantic interview?
newspaper, he called his loyal tribal chiefs, “old dinosaurs” and the villainous King Herod , “quite ...
12/06/2013 - 15:38 - comment 0
- Inside the Middle East: Tunisia Saturday 4th November at 1930 GMT / 2030 CET
A port built by King Herod of Judea, which sank into the sea off the Israeli coast 2000 years ago, has ...
18/05/2010 - 11:09 - comment 0
- Six Senses developing Evason property and Six Senses Spa at Ma’in Hot Springs Jordan
The healing benefits of the hot springs has lured visitors for centuries, with legend having it that Herod ...
17/05/2010 - 20:28 - comment 0
- Reflections of Ramadan in Palestine
through Bab As-Sahirah, Herod’s Gate, and was not stopped to present his identification card. He traveled ...
18/05/2010 - 14:04 - comment 0