- Homosexuality still haram in 2014: 11 Muslim men may be stoned to death in Nigeria for being gay
An Islamic court in Nigeria is trying 11 Muslim men - ... An Islamic court in Nigeria is trying 11 Muslim men , who face death by stoning for allegedly having ... Copyright © UPI, 2014. All Rights Reserved. An Islamic court in Nigeria ...
Editor's Choice - 16/01/2014 - 14:49 - comment 0
- Ten Killed in Nigeria in Protest Over Islamic Law
Christians and Muslims in northern Nigeria earlier this week over the introduction of Islamic law, offic Ten people were killed during a clash between Christians and Muslims in northern Nigeria earlier ... state to introduce the code, Zamfara, one man convicted by an Islamic court of stealing a cow had his ...
19/05/2010 - 11:02 - comment 0
- Leaders of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Council of Muslim Organizations (CMO) hold a press conference in Washington, DC, on May 8, 2014 to call for the immediate release of the schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria by the terrorist
Leaders of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Council of Muslim Organizations (CMO) hold a press conference in Washington, DC, on May 8, 2014 to call for the immediate release of the schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria by the terrorist group ...
10/05/2014 - 08:42 - comment 0
- Kadhafi Cancels Trip to Nigeria in Diplomatic Row, COMESSA Calls for Freeing Lockerbie Convict
cancelled a trip to Nigeria, officials said, reportedly after he was refused permission to visit a Libyan leader Muammar Kadhafi late Tuesday abruptly cancelled a trip to Nigeria, officials said, reportedly after he was refused permission to visit a northern state where Islamic law has been declared. ...
19/05/2010 - 09:50 - comment 0
- Omar-al Bashir of Sudan leaves Nigeria in a hurry
for him in the past by the Hague's International Criminal Court, of which Nigeria ... in Nigeria early amidst arrest speculation. Omar al-Bashir, Sudanese President, has left Nigeria earlier than expected, after human rights activists criticised his visit ...
16/07/2013 - 14:58 - comment 0
- In Divided Nigerian City, a Compromise Launched on Islamic Law
launched Friday brings into operation Islamic or 'Sharia' courts for Muslims to attend; customary ... Islamic courts, or the launch of the Sharia and customary court systems, officials said. ... 2,000 dead last year, Friday launched a compromise version of Islamic law, hoping to prevent new battles ...
18/05/2010 - 17:33 - comment 0
- The Al Qaeda of Nigeria: Inside the Boko Haram
the Al Qaeda-inspired group abducted more than 200 schoolgirls in Nigeria. So who is this so-called ... years has been actively involved in bombings, killings and abductions in Nigeria, which has the largest population and biggest economy in Africa. The movement’s stated objective is to implement Islamic ...
08/05/2014 - 05:00 - comment 0
- Boko Haram attack in Nigeria leaves 60 dead
Boko Haram attacks town in northeast Nigeria, killing 60 people. An attack by Boko Haram in a northeast town of Nigeria has ... if his influence stretches beyond the northeast region. Boko Haram seeks to establish an Islamic ...
21/02/2014 - 07:09 - comment 0
- Saudi’s grand mufti condemns Boko Haram
has condemned Nigeria's Boko Haram as a group "set up to smear the image of Islam ... group Boko Haram, saying the terrorists "smear the image of Islam," after 250 school girls ... that has been set up to smear the image of Islam and must be offered advice, shown their wrong path ...
09/05/2014 - 19:07 - comment 0
- French court upholds dismissal over Islamic headscarf
Court of Human rights begins to examine another woman’s challenge against France’s Islamic veil ba n. ... as the European Court of Human rights begins to examine another woman’s challenge against France’s Islamic veil ... A French appeals court, ruling in a hotly debated ...
Editor's Choice - 28/11/2013 - 05:01 - comment 0