- Egyptian government to use military courts for police attackers
as well as military courts to handle those who have attacked security forces in recent months. Egypt’s interim government has heightened security following an attack on a military checkpoint ... civilians and government installations, adding that attacks on the army will be tackled by military courts ...
16/03/2014 - 19:00 - comment 0
- "Say No to Military Courts": How constitutional article 174 may undermine Egypt's 2011 revolution
that allows civilians to be tried in front of military courts. Though this idea is not new for Egyptians, ... of civilians before military courts. Out of the 50 people, 30 approved the article, 11 rejected it, two ... that is more draconic than its Islamist predecessor because it expands the powers of military courts. While ...
03/12/2013 - 12:55 - comment 0
- Jordan critic living in Britain to face military court for insulting King on social media
of a military court where he will not have the right to a public jury. Agence ... is being tried in front of a military state security court which means he will not be privy to a public jury or other usual rights associated with court proceedings for civilians. Many activists have been ...
31/12/2013 - 12:27 - comment 0
- Morsi's murder trial to reconvene Wednesday
will begin on Wednesday when the Egyptian court will begin hearing testimonies, including one from a top military officer. An Egyptian court will begin hearing testimonies in the murder trial of deposed Islamist President Mohamed Morsi on Wednesday , when a former top military ...
04/02/2014 - 13:20 - comment 0
- Nour Merheb Calls upon Military Court Judges to Resign and Threatens to Go on an Open Hunger Strike in Case He is Arrested
the Military Court for accusations that might cost him up to three years in jail, after being assaulted ... activist refused to pay the said amount and was consequently prosecuted before the military court ... notes that: "The military court violates all standards of justice. This court is deemed unfair ...
30/05/2010 - 07:39 - comment 0
- Muslim Brotherhood journalist sentenced to one year in prison for leaking military secrets
An Egyptian military court on Thursday sentenced a journalist to one year in prison on charges of disclosing ... The ruling is the first by a military court against civilian s in Egypt since January when the country approved a new constitution , which allows the prosecution of civilians before military courts in cases ...
11/04/2014 - 12:15 - comment 0
- Display of used tear gas canisters earns Bil'in activist an arms charge Israeli military court
earns Bil'in activist an arms charge in Israeli military court Display ... Against the Wall, was indicted in an Israeli military court yesterday. Abu Rahmah was slapped with an arms ... was filed in a West Bank military court yesterday for incitement, stone throwing and arms possession charges ...
16/05/2010 - 17:17 - comment 0
- Lebanese State Commissioner refuses to release Information Minister turned terror suspect
State Commissioner to the Military Court Judge Saqr ... the seriousness of his crime. State Commissioner to the Military Court Judge Saqr Saqr ... of his crime. Saqr asked the military court to reject the request made by Samaha's defense ...
31/07/2013 - 10:38 - comment 0
- Egypt's Military Court Postpones Verdict on 20 Members of Muslim Brotherhood
Egypt's high military court on Sunday postponed ... Egypt's high military court on Sunday postponed until September 3 its verdict in the trial of 20 Muslim Brothers charged with reactivating their banned movement. The court at the Huckstep military base, 30 ...
19/05/2010 - 11:09 - comment 0
- Israeli military court orders release of Hamas ministers, lawmakers
An Israeli military court on Tuesday ordered ... An Israeli military court on Tuesday ordered the release of 18 imprisoned Hamas lawmakers, including three ... for military prosecutors, whose arguments are usually upheld by the court. The Israeli army abducted ...
18/05/2010 - 11:16 - comment 0