- Egypt's next President? Video of eloquent 12 year old goes viral
Mohammad Mursi’s government a “fascist theocracy.” “We didn’t get rid of a military regime to replace ... called ousted Egyptian president Mohammad Mursi’s government a “fascist theocracy.”“We didn’t get rid ... criticizes the Egyptian government for manipulating religion and enforcing extremist regulations in the name ...
Editor's Choice - 09/07/2013 - 09:20 - comment 0
- Egypt's IMF deal delayed over political turmoil
defended President Mohammed Mursi’s recent decision not to increase taxes and called for a “social ... Minister Qandil, who criticized the media’s “erroneous” reporting over Mursi’s tax scrap said a “social ... about the issue. The Freedom and Justice party, the political arm of Mursi’s Muslim Brotherhood movement ...
11/12/2012 - 17:35 - comment 0
- Egyptian elections: the market reaction
single-day rise since February 2003, after Mursi’s win was announced Sunday, which boosted hopes ... Brotherhood’s Mursi’s win against Ahmad Shafiq, ousted leader Hosni Mubarak’s last prime minister, passed off ... largest single-day rise since February 2003, after Mursi’s win was announced Sunday, which boosted hop ...
26/06/2012 - 07:05 - comment 0
- Egypt: Morsi supporters to boycott constitution vote
a campaign against the vote, a spokesman said Monday. The Anti-Coup Alliance led by Mursi’s Muslim ... a spokesman for the Anti-Coup Alliance, which demands Mursi’s reinstatement. The referendum on January 14 ... by an Islamist-dominated panel and put to referendum during Mursi’s year in power. The new draft has done away with much ...
17/12/2013 - 01:57 - comment 0
- Over 1000 arrests in Egypt
the army-installed government following Mursi’s ouster in July. (With AFP) ... plot by the Muslim Brotherhood,” it said in a statement. Meanwhile, Mursi’s Freedom and Justice ... vehicles on major roads around the capital. The Egyptian government had said it was confronting ...
17/08/2013 - 09:32 - comment 0
- Referendum results: Egypt's opposition accuses government of 'fraud'
of the referendum that President Mohamed Mursi’s Muslim Brotherhood said passed with 64 percent support, according ... of Mursi’s power grab. The timing of his resignation appeared linked to the lack of a vice-presidential post under the draft constitution.Over the past month, seven of Mursi’s 17 top advisers and the one Christian ...
24/12/2012 - 04:53 - comment 0
- Mursi's murder trial postponed to Feb. 4
a popularly-backed coup on July 3. The army-backed interim government worked to quell Mursi’s Muslim Brotherhood ... Mursi seemed silent, with his back facing the court. Mursi’s trial is seen as a test for Egypt’s ... The previous session of the trial had been adjourned over “weather conditions” that prevented Mursi’s transport ...
01/02/2014 - 14:17 - comment 0
- Mursi's murder trial to resume in Cairo
3. The army-backed interim government worked to quell Mursi’s Muslim Brotherhood supporters ... Mursi’s trial is seen as a test for Egypt’s military-installed authorities. Islamists in Egypt ... that prevented Mursi’s transport to court from prison. Mursi is facing four separate trials, ...
01/02/2014 - 17:09 - comment 0
- Graffiti: The Muslim Brotherhood's new weapon against the Egyptian military
Brotherhood in July following large street protests against his rule. I slamists, who denounced Mursi’s ... of Mursi’s overthrow, a “traitor”, an “agent for Israel” and a “mass murderer”. “After the army ... since Mursi’s toppling in clashes involving his backers, opponents and security forces. Mursi ...
Editor's Choice - 12/10/2013 - 15:43 - comment 0
- Wishful thinking? Egypt's investment minister banking on billions worth of foreign investments
in aid to Egypt after Mursi’s fall which analysts said had saved Egypt from bankruptcy. ... to mass unrest against his rule. Mursi’s downfall prompted a wave of violence and protests ... after Mursi’s fall which analysts said had saved Egypt from bankruptcy. ...
23/06/2014 - 04:00 - comment 0