- Political prayer stop: Could the Pope’s Holy Land politics break down the separation wall?
Pope Francis' unexpected stop at the separation wall during his Holy Land visit may play a critical role in regional politics and transforming ... because ''it would be too political with Netanyahu''said Jamal Daibes, spokesman ...
26/05/2014 - 11:32 - comment 0
- Arab League calls for IS to be confronted militarily and politically
for the Islamic State militants to be confronted militarily and politically. Arab ... and politically, AFP reports. “What is needed is a clear decision for a comprehensive confrontation, militarily and politically,” Elaraby said Sunday at a meeting of Arab foreign ministers. According to AFP, one diplomat ...
07/09/2014 - 13:38 - comment 0
- U.S. continues Iraq air strikes as Maliki urges security forces not to interfere in politics
to stay out of politics Tuesday as the U.S. continues air strikes against militants in northern Iraq. Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki told Iraq’s security forces Tuesday to stay out of politics, AFP reports. Some Iraqi officials fear the military may intervene in the political scene as Iraq attempts ...
12/08/2014 - 16:55 - comment 0
- Business marries politics, again: are Erdogan-allied businesses getting away with more?
of these businessmen. They transfer money or land as 'funds' for certain projects initiated by the political ...
11/09/2014 - 05:00 - comment 0
- Political wing of Muslim Brotherhood dissolved
An Egyptian court has dissolved the political wing of the Muslim Brotherhood. An Egyptian court has dissolved the political wing ... the law regarding political parties." According to the state-run Middle East News Agency, ...
10/08/2014 - 06:53 - comment 0
- Not politics, nor security: Jordan's troubles are economic, says King
will overcome the biggest challenge facing us today, because our problem is not political or a security one, ... on political parties, municipalities and decentralisation, adding that a draft elections law will follow. ... noting that the security situation in Iraq and the political developments there have had no bearing ...
24/08/2014 - 05:00 - comment 0
- A much-expected symptom? Arab banks to feel the pinch of the region's political turmoil
& Poor's (S&P) Ratings Services. Protracted regional political turmoil will hamper ... that banks in the region are poised for recovery if political and geopolitical risks abate, because ... recovery in the region is seen over 2014-2015 because of the magnitude of ongoing political changes ...
13/08/2014 - 20:07 - comment 0
- Business marries politics: Mubarak-era Egyptian steel tycoon released on bail
Ezz: Business marries politics The Egyptian steel tycoon Ahmed Ezz played a leading role ... on a variety of corruption charges. For 30 years, the NDP acted as the pillar of the political corruption ...
08/08/2014 - 20:30 - comment 0
- Jimmy Carter: Hamas is a legitimate political actor
as a political actor - one that represents a substantial portion of the Palestinian people - can the West begin ... in and out of Gaza through Egypt, Israel and the sea. Only after recognizing Hamas as a political player, ...
06/08/2014 - 12:00 - comments 2
- Egypt's political forces unite to support Palestinian resistance
Political groups in Egypt joined forces to support ... and Hamas. A press conference organised by a number of political forces ... last year, Hamzawy stressed that political disputes - "most of which are either fabricated ...
17/07/2014 - 09:39 - comment 0