- Tunisia: Press freedom organization chief denied access to UN summit
it was "outraged" after the Tunisian authorities turned back its Secretary General Robert Ménard on his ... turned back its Secretary General Robert Ménard on his arrival in Tunis to attend the World Summit ... that Robert Ménard was not welcome at the summit, although his office had given him accreditation. He referred ...
18/05/2010 - 13:02 - comment 1
- Algeria Snubs Media Watchdog
and not to meet with the team's leader, Robert Menard, said the organization member. The union accused Menard of arrogance and claimed he did not believe that Algerian journalists could be independent ...
19/05/2010 - 11:17 - comment 0
- Press watchdog urges Kuwait to cancel ban on foreign journalists passing reports to Israeli news media
from using reports supplied by other media," Reporters Without Borders secretary general Robert Ménard said in a letter to the information minister. "Kuwait would bring credit upon ... flow of information," Ménard added. On 8 March, the Kuwaiti authorities cautioned ...
18/05/2010 - 16:19 - comment 0
- Media Watchdog Collects French Coins For Jailed Journalists
(RSF) Robert Menard, told the Kuwaiti news agency (KUNA) on Tuesday that this campaign was meant to help ... that they will positively respond to this campaign," he said. According to Menard, 113 journalists remain ...
18/05/2010 - 17:22 - comment 0
- Moroccan Islamic Newspaper's Internet Site Blocked
Agency (PANA) reported. RSF secretary general Robert Menard urged the minister to "lift ...
18/05/2010 - 19:36 - comment 0
- Lebanon: Opposition calls president to step down following killing of prominent journalist
Mikati said, according to The Associated Press. On his part, Robert Ménard, the secretary-general ... Ménard said. "We have lost a friend, and press freedom has lost a passionate defender." ...
18/05/2010 - 13:31 - comments 3
- Press Watchdog Protests Arrest of Journalists in Eritrea
immediately," RSF's general secretary Robert Menard said in a letter to the Eritrean home affairs ... freedom," Menard added. Milkias Mihretab, editor of the Tigrinya language weekly Keste Debena (Rainbow) ...
19/05/2010 - 10:24 - comment 0
- Tunisian Journalist to Leave Paris for Algeria, End Hunger Strike
one of his staunchest supporters urged him to call it off, Reuters said Tuesday. Robert Menard, head of the press freedom watchdog Reporters without Borders (RsF), was quoted by the agency ... Menard told the French daily Liberation. “I am not his puppet and he is not my puppeteer,” Ben ...
19/05/2010 - 11:25 - comment 0
- RSF Protests Beatings of Four Journalists in Zimbabwe
In the letter, RSF secretary general Robert Menard also said the soldiers who committed the beatings should ...
19/05/2010 - 10:29 - comment 0
- Rights Group Demands Information on Missing Iranian Journalist
the head of Reporters Without Borders, Robert Menard, described the case as "extremely worrying," ...
19/05/2010 - 11:00 - comment 0