- University students make the classics come to life in a stellar double feature
choruses such as “Sahib El Makan” (originally “Master of the House”) which brought some laughs ...
16/05/2013 - 10:49 - comment 0
- Rolling in the big bucks: Adel Imam to receive an “open cheque” for upcoming TV role
script for a new social drama titled “Sahib El Sa'adah” ( His Excellency ). And “his ... completed his script for a new social drama titled “Sahib El Sa'adah” (His Excellency). ...
01/11/2013 - 07:01 - comment 0
- Award-winning revolution doc causes a stir in Cairo
Thursday, 24 January at 9pmMakan Culture Centre, 1 Saad Zaghloul St. El Dawaween, Cairo ... to be screened on Thursday at Cairo's downtown cultural venue, Makan. Directed by Omar Shargawi and Karim El-Hakim, '1/2 Revolution' is described as a “a fast-paced ...
24/01/2013 - 07:46 - comment 0
- Here's what's crackalacking in Cairo this week
whirling dervishes perform to live Sufi music. Makan 1 Saad Zaghloul St, Al-Mounira, ... by Arab Tribes from Aswan and Nass Makan band. Every Wednesday, 9pm: Zar music and songs ... (guitar & goumbri). El Mastaba Centre for Egyptian Folk Music 30 A El-Balaqsa St, ...
23/08/2014 - 05:48 - comment 0
- Shake up your week with a bit of music and dance in Egypt!
Indonesia troupe for religious chanting, together with Samaa troupe for Sufi dancing. Makan ... played by Arab Tribes from Aswan and Nass Makan band. Every Wednesday, 8pm: Zar music and songs by Mazaher ensemble featuring Umm Sameh , Umm Hassan and Nour Al-Sabah . El ...
20/07/2014 - 11:34 - comment 0
- Too much to see, too little time: Egypt's culture picks of the week 12 - 19 October
Directed by Sherif El-Katsha, the 2013 production received the Best Arab Documentary prize at Abu Dhabi ... prize of $1000. Awards will be announced at the opening. 7 Gamal El-Din Abu El-Mahasen, Garden City, ... Aziz on the flute. The show’s scenographer and director is Omar El-Moutaz Bel'lah, founder ...
12/10/2014 - 07:52 - comment 0
- Possible protests mean no Friday fun, so this week's Egypt cultural picks list is short but sweet
of Studio Emad Eddin’s founder and director, Ahmed El-Attar, choreographer Mohamed Shafik, Lebanese set ... by Mounir Said and 'What's Left…' by Mohamed El-Deeb; theatre performances, ... Danish-Egyptian fusion night at Makan at 8pm Following a workshop between Danish electronic musicians ...
20/01/2014 - 14:28 - comment 0
- Here's what's happening in Egypt this week: Get out to hear some guitars, see "The Ugly" and more!
Hawa El-Horeya performance at Makan Centre for Culture and Arts, 8pm The performance aims ... at Kasr El-Nil theatre's stage. Banna's songs are inspired by the Palestinian people’s ... Thursday 19 June El-Dor El-Awal at El-Genaina Theatre, 8.30pm El-Dor El-Awal was founded ...
16/06/2014 - 17:37 - comment 0
- So much to do, so much to see in Egypt this week: September 28 - October 3
in Cairo on 30 September at El-Sawy Culturewheel. Great Hall, Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Chatby, ... Sherif & Muhammad Taymour, Reem El-Maghraby, Shadwa Ali and Tuqa El-Harouny, working around ... Casino Al-Shatby at Makan at 8pm An evening of theatrical readings from the book Live from Casino ...
28/09/2014 - 09:32 - comment 0
- Feast your senses on those music & dance events in Egypt this week
*The Royal Hall Sun 15, 8pm: Boughdadi band orchestra. Makan 1 Saad ... by Arab Tribes from Aswan and Nass Makan band. Every Wednesday, 8pm: Zar music and songs by Mazaher ensemble featuring Umm Sameh , Umm Hassan and Nour Al-Sabah . El Sawy ...
15/06/2014 - 07:13 - comment 0