- ILO demands labor reforms from Qatar
forced labor,” the ILO has stated. Sharan Burrow, the general secretary of the International Trade ... laws have to change,” Burrow added. The ILO has given Qatar until November to give a report ...
01/04/2014 - 11:19 - comment 0
- Australian Police Use Force to Clear Path for WEF Conference Delegates
of the country's union movement, Sharan Burrow, made an impassioned plea to the forum not to forget how globalization could disempower and alienate ordinary people. Burrow, president of the Australian Council ...
19/05/2010 - 10:01 - comment 0
- No going into labour with Qatar Airways: Hostesses must ask permission before marrying
general secretary Sharan Burrow told Al Arabiya English on Wednesday. “We have stories from workers ... approach to teamwork in an industry that’s based on people’s trust of each other.” Burrow had said ...
26/09/2013 - 08:26 - comment 0
- Qatar to address migrant labor deaths linked to 2022 World Cup construction
unable to leave. “They already have labour inspectors and they have no impact,” said Sharan Burrow, general secretary of the ITUC, who has previously met the Qatari labour minister for talks ...
Editor's Choice - 02/10/2013 - 04:01 - comment 0
- Time to save face: Qatar promises action on World Cup labour violations
unable to leave. “They already have labour inspectors and they have no impact,” said Sharan Burrow ...
01/10/2013 - 08:40 - comment 0