- Barak’s Attempt to Form National Unity Government not Unprecedented
then adopted a virtually unique system of rotation: Labor leader Shimon Peres led the country for two years, before handing over in 1986 to right-winger Yitzhak Shamir. The government of national unity ... the position of prime minister was taken squarely by Shamir, while Labor leader Yitzhak Rabin took the defense ...
19/05/2010 - 09:26 - comment 0
- Israeli Court Top Judge Names Committee Members to Inquire into Killing of Arab Citizens
member of the commission will be former ambassador and noted Middle East expert Professor Shimon Shamir ...
19/05/2010 - 09:15 - comment 0
- Arab Israeli Mother Attacks Policeman Accused of Killing Son
and Shimon Shamir, a former ambassador to Egypt and Jordan. Arab MKs have refused to deal with a special ...
19/05/2010 - 08:48 - comment 0
- AMERICAN IN ARABIA Finds Recycling in the Middle East - of Leaders
There is no fresh blood on the Israeli political circuit. Yitzhak Shamir, Yitzhak Rabin, Shimon Peres and Benjamin ...
Editor's Choice - 17/01/2013 - 23:26 - comment 0
- Israel Swears In Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Installs New Government
any question mark over our existence."  Israeli President Shimon Peres asked Netanyahu ... Minister Yitzhak Shamir. Netanyahu was a senior member of the Israeli delegation to the Madrid Conference ... Netanyahu was elected Likud Party chairman in 1993, and in 1996 narrowly defeated contender Shimon Peres ...
16/05/2010 - 17:02 - comment 0