- Palestinian unity means joy for some, skepticism for others. It's hope and gloom at the Beach refugee camp
but there won't be light at the end of the tunnel. For years, Palestinian factions ... into the fold of the PLO. A rift lasting seven years has been healed , rejoiced some headlines in Arabic media. Israelis and their media were divided. Some, close to right-wing parties, decried the betrayal ...
03/05/2014 - 05:00 - comment 0
- EU use some artistic license to celebrate success in Lebanon's Palestinian camps
'The View from the Ground', takes a look at education in Lebanon's Palestinian refugee camps. ... in a cramped, poorly lit and low-ceilinged classroom. These are just some of the ways in which education ... of Masrah al-Madina . Given the grim subject matter of some of the images, it is perhaps surprising ...
11/11/2012 - 14:29 - comment 0
- Poll: majority of Gazans oppose disarmament of the Palestinian resistance
for Public Opinion , surveying 1,000 Palestinians in Gaza from August 14-19. Some 93 percent ... and Israelis. About 88 percent of Palestinians also said they were in favor of a long-term truce. Some ... of Palestinians living in the Gaza Strip are against the disarmament of Palestinian resistance groups. ...
25/08/2014 - 08:21 - comment 0
- One Israeli Officer Killed in Palestinian Guerilla Attack; Israel Completes Withdrawal From Some Palestinian Areas
An Israeli officer was killed and three soldiers were injured when two Palestinian gunmen opened fire ... Both Palestinian gunmen were shot dead by soldiers in the ensuing firefight. One ... of suspected Palestinian activists. Israeli tanks then withdrew from the nearby self-rule area ...
18/05/2010 - 17:16 - comment 0
- If negotiating with IS can save some lives, why don't we do it?
like Isis, so why don’t we do it and save some lives? Nobody criticises the Israeli government when ... in the Palestinian camp of Nahr el-Bared have still not been tried. Isis wants them freed. Interesting. Because ... called Abbas Ibrahim, a brave man who used to walk, unarmed, into the Ein el-Helweh Palestinian camp ...
29/09/2014 - 08:00 - comment 0
- Israeli embassy in US Tweets some Scarlett Johansson love
of SodaStream promoting actress Scarlett Johansson, but she's made some new friends in the Israeli embassy ... criticized by pro-Palestinian activists due to its operating a factory in Israeli settlements ... which it says “further the ongoing poverty and denial of rights of the Palestinian communities that we ...
04/02/2014 - 06:00 - comment 0
- Some 60 Israeli soldiers wounded in Palestinian rocket attack
A rocket fired by Palestinian fighters in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday wounded some 60 Israeli soldiers in an attack that may increase pressure on Israel A rocket fired by Palestinian fighters in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday wounded some 60 Israeli soldiers ...
17/05/2010 - 21:48 - comment 0
- Britain's ambassador to Lebanon donates millions towards books for Syrian refugees. That makes for some good reading!
school students across Lebanon, including Syrian and Palestinian refugees. Fletcher told journalists ...
Editor's Choice - 23/05/2014 - 05:00 - comment 0
- Thousands of Palestinians rally to commemorate Nakba Day
the "Nakba" when more than 760,000 Palestinians were displaced by the creation of Israel in 1948. Some 10,000 Palestinians have held a rally in the northern part of the occupied territories, ... Main headlines, Israel, Palestine) Some 10,000 Palestinians have held a rally in the northern ...
07/05/2014 - 12:16 - comment 0
- Some 10,000 Palestinians can still work in Israel despite border closure
Some 10,000 Palestinians who live in the West Bank ... of the borders. Some 10,000 Palestinians who live in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip ... off Israel to Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza, affecting more than 100,000 people who worked ...
15/08/2010 - 23:54 - comment 0