- Lebanese banks in Syria hit hard
Sharq Bank with $2.52 million and Byblos Bank Syria with $1.09 million. Syria Gulf Bank posted ... banks operating in Syria dropped 54 percent in the first half of 2014. The combined net profits of six out of seven Lebanese banks operating in Syria dropped 54 percent ...
18/08/2014 - 05:00 - comment 0
- The world's local bank no longer so local for Syrian and Iranian nationals
March 20, Gulf News learned yesterday. The global banking giant confirmed ... to bank with them,” an HSBC spokesperson told Gulf News. Other international banks in the UAE, ... not only from Syria, but also from Sudan, Iran and other countries effective March 20, Gulf News learned ...
18/02/2013 - 09:39 - comment 0
- Moody’s assigns investment grade to United Gulf Bank’s long term deposit rating
subsidiary, United Gulf Financial Services Company in Doha, Qatar and by the Central Bank of Syria for establishing a full commercial bank in Syria – Syria Gulf Bank. UGB and its subsidiary KAMCO have a proven ... and Prime-3 as long and short-term deposit ratings to United Gulf Bank B.S.C., Bahrain (UGB). It also ...
15/08/2010 - 09:51 - comment 0
- Lebanese banks feel the burn of war-torn Syria
Fransi, Fransabank Syria, Sharq Bank and Syria Gulf Bank. “More particularly, Lebanese banks’ Syrian subsidiaries recorded ... percent, Byblos Bank Syria at 6.32 percent and Bank Audi Syria at 0.64 percent, with Syria Gulf Bank ... accounting for 10.35 percent, the share of Syria Gulf Bank surpassing 9.59 percent and that of Sharq Bank ...
11/12/2012 - 11:34 - comment 0
- Lebanese banks continue to feel the heat in Syria
million), a 97 percent drop in those of Syria Gulf Bank (-SYP249.9 million), a 94.7 percent drop in those ... billion), those of Syria Gulf Bank, the affiliate of First National Bank, rose by 17.4 percent (+SYP3.9 ... Profits of Lebanese banks operating in Syria fell ...
03/03/2013 - 07:46 - comment 0
- Gulf investors enter Syrian banking sectors
Gulf investors have been awarded licences to open three banks in Syria, raising the stakes ... have said. Under a Syrian law passed in 2005, Islamic banks need a minimum capital of five ... newly-licenced banks intend to offer the remaining 51 per cent to Syrian shareholders. Syrian officials ...
15/08/2010 - 10:17 - comment 0
- Bank to Issue Syria’s First Credit Card
The Commercial Bank of Syria (CBS) is planning ... the bank's The Commercial Bank of Syria (CBS) is planning to issue ... the plastic cards for Syrians who hold hard currency accounts in Syria, reported the Gulf Daily News. ...
18/05/2010 - 17:44 - comment 0
- Time to invest closer to home? Why the GCC countries are urged to pump their money into an Arab 'Marshal Plan'
Arab countries" in the Gulf, Ibrahim Dabdoub, deputy chairman of the International Bank of Qatar, ... 2010 in Tunisia and later in Egypt, Libya, Yemen and Syria, the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states ... Experts have urged wealthy Gulf states to pump billions of dollars into their Arab neighbours to fend off ...
10/09/2014 - 16:42 - comment 0
- GCC markets remain as shaky as Obama's decision-making
in the UAE and other Gulf countries continued to plunge on fears of an imminent attack on Syria ... to launching military action against Syria. Across the Gulf, markets declined in volatile trading as investors ... and other Gulf countries continued to plunge on fears of an imminent attack on Syria. ...
05/09/2013 - 13:17 - comment 0
- Thanks to delayed US action, GCC markets are rebounding
1) (BUSINESS, Banking & Finance, Main headlines, UAE) Most Gulf indices ended ... Most Gulf indices ended in positive territory yesterday as retail investors found enough reason to buy shares after US delayed military action against Syria. Dubai’s benchmark DFM General Index rose ...
02/09/2013 - 14:23 - comment 0