- Numbers Game: World Bank names Saudi "lowest poverty rate" in Arab countries, despite local outcry for help
The World Bank has released its annual poverty report ... according to a recent poverty report released by the World Bank. “Jobs can provide ... said Jim Yong Kim, president of the World Bank Group. He added: “The World Bank has set an interim ...
Editor's Choice - 04/11/2013 - 08:12 - comment 0
- Somali pirates hurt global trade, including MENA countries - World Bank
countries, a new World Bank report has found. The report - "Pirates of Somalia: Ending ... by billions of dollars per year, severely affecting the economic activities of neighboring countries, a new World Bank report has found. Somali pirates are pushing global trade ...
14/04/2013 - 12:53 - comment 0
- With $100 billion in foreign reserves: is Libya's central bank monopolizing the country's economic potential?
(GDP). The country has the largest oil reserves in Africa and the fifth largest in the world, with oil ... alone that the bank holds. The CBL controls the country's entire purse strings at the moment, ... in Africa and the fifth largest in the world, with oil terminals scattered across the country but mainly ...
28/09/2014 - 16:49 - comment 0
- Egyptians working abroad: the country's 'hidden' treasure?
that is active outside her borders For its 2014 forecasts, the World Bank predicts ... Sachs – one of the largest investment banks in the world, identified Egypt as 1 of 11 high promising ... to a lack of financial innovation, sophistication, and development. Based on data from the World Bank ...
10/08/2014 - 23:21 - comment 0
- UAE among top five countries in World Bank 2010 business report
in the world in the “Trading Across Borders” topic of the World Bank’s “Doing Business” report for 2010. From ... evaluation of 183 global economies. The UAE also improved its overall World Bank ranking in “Ease ... across the border. This recognition by the World Bank strengthens our resolve in making Dubai and the UAE ...
14/08/2010 - 17:25 - comment 0
- World Bank: New country assistance strategy to Tunisia
to these challenges, the World Bank’s country assistance strategy lends support to Government of Tunisia by focusing ... Bank Country Director for Tunisia. “This will allow the World Bank to respond quickly and appropriately ... The World Bank’s Board of Directors last week voiced ...
15/08/2010 - 10:39 - comment 0
- World Bank Report indicates GCC countries invest up to 5 per cent of GDP on education, but achieve only modest returns
system as the region moves ahead with its transition into a knowledge-based economy. A recent World Bank ... processes as well as their administrative duties.” The World Bank report also notes that the MENA region ... in the GCC countries, with significant investments being made to reform educational system as the region ...
15/08/2010 - 00:09 - comment 0
- World Bank OKs new Country Assistance Strategy for Morocco
of Morocco, the World Bank will be working in partnership with other development actors in the country ... The World Bank Board of Directors discussed ... four years (2005-2009). The World Bank Board of Directors discussed ...
15/08/2010 - 09:57 - comment 0
- Lebanon's Central Bank chief says country's banks still resilient
was the only country in the region which was not affected by the financial crisis that hit the world in 2008 ... Lebanon's central bank chief, Riad Salameh, has insisted that the Lebanese banking and financial sectors have not been affected by the ongoing crisis ...
09/04/2013 - 11:37 - comment 0
- Guess who! Only two MENA countries have answered the call to liberalise their telecom sectors
the telecom sector is fully liberalised, according to a World Bank report, which said mobile broadband ... are mobile broadband users, the World Bank report said. In Saudi Arabia, where mobile penetration ... the telecom sector is fully liberalised, according to a World Bank report, which said mobile broadband ...
09/02/2014 - 09:40 - comment 0