- Netanyahu finally manages to form a government after weeks of wrangling
scene. The prime minister clashed with the Jewish Home and Yesh Atid parties over welfare to Ultra-Orthodox Jews and military conscriptions. However, a spokesperson for Yesh Atid, speaking to AP ... netanyahu, netanyahu, yesh atid) (NEWS, Conflict With Israel, Main headlines, Israel) Israeli prime ...
14/03/2013 - 09:20 - comment 0
- Netanyahu wins election, but hard right takes an unexpected knock
victory and gains by the centrist Yesh Atid party will make it more difficult for Netanyahu to freely ... by the centrist Yesh Atid party will make it more difficult for Netanyahu to freely choose his coalition partners. ... lost up to ten seats in the Knesset, down from 42. Yesh Atid, which was only established nine ...
23/01/2013 - 08:23 - comment 0
- You're in the army now. Jewish ultra-Orthodox due to enlist for military service
During the January elections, the centrist party Yesh Atid had surfed on this wave of resentment ...
Editor's Choice - 29/05/2013 - 15:14 - comment 0
- "Ideological differences" in Israeli gov't over settlements, stalling peace plan - Livni
and rightwing party 'Jewish Home' and the centrist-based party Yesh Atid. Both Yesh Atid ...
23/05/2013 - 10:22 - comment 0
- Who can curb their Zionism on election day? The low-down on Israel's radical-right race
government has struggled get ultraright wing parties yesh atid there future and bayit yehudi jewish home ... an Islamist politician , leaving them out in the electoral cold. For parties across the spectrum, ... is not extreme enough for some. With a new, more Zionist party, springing up to attack his voter base, could ...
Slideshow - 22/01/2013 - 12:24 - comment 0
- Netanyahu given extension after he fails to form a government in time
sector," the Israeli PM said. The new government has struggled to get ultra-right wing parties, 'Yesh Atid' (There is a Future) and 'Bayit Yehudi' (Jewish Home) on board . The two ... Netanyahu has managed to form a partnership with leftist party, 'Hatnuah' (The Movement), headed ...
03/03/2013 - 09:28 - comment 0
- Inside the Equal Service Bill: Is the Ultra-Orthodox community a burden on the Israeli government?
year, Yesh Atid, a secularist party trumpeting equal military service, gained 19 seats and became ... deputy finance minister from Yesh Atid, Mickey Levy, said last April that the ultra-Orthodox must ... The Equal Services law, passed last month, was supposed to be the fulfilment of Yesh Atid's promise. ...
12/04/2014 - 07:02 - comment 0
- Israel responds: Panel probes forced birth control given to Ethiopian community
with the centrist Yesh Atid party. Pnina Tamano-Shata is a former television broadcaster as is the head of her party, Yair Lapid. Being from a family of low socioeconomic standing, Tamano-Shata maintains that Israel ...
Editor's Choice - 07/03/2013 - 12:00 - comment 1
- Israel passes bill that will limit the release of Palestinian prisoners
was supposed to be part of a compromise between the Bayit Yehudi and Yesh Atid parties to get past their legislative deadlock of the last few weeks, in which each party would submit an appeal against the other’s ... several times, “what about our bill?” “There is no deal [with Yesh Atid] anymore. Netanyahu ruined it,” ...
08/06/2014 - 14:06 - comment 0
- Livni: Palestinian peace would ensure Iran deal
countering the bond between Yesh Atid and Bayit Yehudi she said was harming Israel by sanctioning West Bank ... suggested a political bond with the Labor Party on diplomatic issues. Livni said she was glad new opposition leader Isaac Herzog defeated Labor MK Shelly Yacimovich in the party’s leadership race, because ...
26/11/2013 - 17:20 - comment 0