- The price war - Inaccurate \'mobile\' numbers
points raised by Dr Yusuf Mansur in his column entitled “Who\'s winning the price war?”(Jordan Times, September 18) There is no doubt that Dr Mansur We would like to take this chance to clarify a few points raised by Dr Yusuf Mansur in his column entitled “Who's winning ...
15/08/2010 - 23:56 - comment 0
- No blaming Syrian refugees here: one third of Jordanians in poverty at some point in the year
Economist Yusuf Mansur explained that the study simply ... because their annual per capita consumption exceeds the annual poverty line. Economist Yusuf Mansur ... of the year, while not poor for the rest of the year. Factors leading to this type of poverty, Mansur ...
03/07/2014 - 16:39 - comment 0
- Jordan's Great Expectation: growth surpasses hopes
Describing the growth rate as “good”, economist Yusuf Mansur expected the Kingdom’s economy to expand ... of Jordanian expatriates are rising. Demand on construction is also increasing, according to Mansur, who ... added, agreeing with Mansur that external factors –– drop in euro exchange rate and oil prices –– ...
28/06/2012 - 13:38 - comment 0
- You won't believe that one third of this MENA country lives in poverty
consumption exceeds the annual poverty line. Economist Yusuf Mansur explained that the study simply shows ... of the year. Factors leading to this type of poverty, Mansur said, include a drop in income, rising living ... to distribute cash payments to families who receive government support, Mansur said, noting that the study ...
Editor's Choice - 04/07/2014 - 05:00 - comment 0
- Is there another way for Jordan instead of subsidy cuts?
as the price of a gas cylinder went up from JD6.5 to JD10, with a record 53 per cent hike. Economists Yusuf Mansur said political and economic analysts have warned many times that lifting fuel subsidies ... Saying the government had failed to convince the public of the need to lift subsidies, Mansur noted ...
15/11/2012 - 09:23 - comment 0
- In light of high confidence and large foreign deposits, Jordan's Central Bank lowers interest rates
in the country’s investment environment and reduce borrowing costs,” Economist Yusuf Mansur told The Jordan Times. ... deputy director shared Mansur’s view, saying: “Definitely, it is a positive decision and it will propel ...
22/10/2013 - 13:52 - comment 0
- Invest your wealth or each person for himself? Growth and tackling inequality are the key
will become an absolute necessity to maintain such a growth-equality drive. By Yusuf Mansur ...
15/04/2014 - 10:14 - comment 0
- Let them eat bread! Could Jordan's austerity measures lead to riots?
Egypt to Yemen. Dr. Yusuf Mansur, a leading Jordanian economist, does not believe that currency ... the inflated prices, mansur noted that the decision could have been postponed until after parliamentary ...
Editor's Choice - 22/10/2012 - 11:31 - comment 0
- Does manufacturing hold the key to ending high unemployment in Jordan?
with the Chinese manufacturing giants looming over the world markets. By Yusuf Mansur ...
01/04/2014 - 12:59 - comment 0
- Probable inflation after a price hike in Jordan
and several-time minister, said. Referring to the first package of price hikes late last month, economist Yusuf Mansur warned that the government should not have made another round of increases in commodity prices ... outweigh supply, he said. In regards to economic growth, Mansur sounded optimistic due to external factors. ...
05/06/2012 - 08:23 - comment 0