Slew of activities lined up to celebrate Eid Al Fitr in Abu Dhabi
In Arabic the word âEid’ means celebration and happiness. Keeping up with its fervour, the capital is gearing up to offer a variety of activities for people of all ages. While streets are decked up in attractive lighting, family parks too will see an addition when one of the first water entertainment venues opens up in Khalifa Park. Called the Murjan Splash Park, it is set to open its doors to the public on the first day of Eid. “The Splash Park has various water rides, comfortable sitting areas and dining and snack outlets,” said engineer Abdullah Al Shamsi, acting executive director of infrastructure and municipal assets at the Municipality of Abu Dhabi City. “Exciting underwater events will also be facilitated at the park, and residents’ experience will be enhanced by jellyfish and other aquatic creatures,” Al Shamsi added.
The official added that trampolines, harnesses, waterslides and a lake will also add to the slew of features at the new facility. At The first day of Eid will see the Arabian Mask Dance at Khalidiya Mall, followed by the Tanoora dance on the second day and Egyptian horse show on the third. On the other hand, Al Wahda Mall is promising visitors a performance of the Egyptian Tanoora dance on day one, a horse and stick performance on the second day, and Al Yalla dance on the third day. In addition, a host of new movies is set to grace cinema screens across the capital during the Eid festivities.
For those wishing to dine with family and friends over Eid, cafes and restaurants are also set to serve delicious brunches. While restaurants at various hotels are offering special Eid menus, bakeries and patisserie shops are also busy baking massive amounts of maamool (Eid cookies) for those with a sweet tooth.
“While adults savour our rich brunch buffet, kids will definitely enjoy the clown, balloons, and little presents packed specially for them,” said Sam, restaurant manager at Al Raha Beach hotel. In addition, stores across Abu Dhabi are continuing to offer bargain prices so that residents can continue shopping into their Eid breaks.
- Lebanese waters severely polluted with chemicals
- HMC’s Engineering Department holds employee training certification ceremony
- HMC requires parents or guardians to be present during a medical assessment of their sick children
- How the other half live: 50 percent of Egypt's farmers own less than 15 percent of agricultural land
- Chinese car makers ready to manoeuvre the UAE market
- Rocking Eid el Fitr: concerts and shows line-up for the holiday
- QTA reveals EidAl-Fitr Festival activities
- Celebrate Eid Al Fitr with family and friends at InterContinental Abu Dhabi
- 52 Days of extravagant fun coming with SummerFest Abu Dhabi
- Oasis Centre Lines Up Exciting Events to Mark Eid-Al-Fitr Festivities