Moms of the region take on fame, politics and the world this Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day in the Middle East is a time for people across the region to celebrate and appreciate the women who brought them into the world.
Without a grey hair in sight, this year celebrity moms in the region have managed once again to balance the pressures of parenthood with the demands of fame.
But while those starry moms are out at the latest fashion event or film premiere, most mothers are have to concern themselves with the more serious side of life. Continue reading below »
From the Palestinian women protestors with their children in Israeli jails, to the first mothers to join the Saudi government, here are some of the region’s most courageous and infamous moms.
Are there any notable moms we’ve missed out? Is Mother’s Day important for the Middle East or should we celebrate our moms everyday? Share your comments with us below!
- Burberry and the Burka: Hints to tweak this Fall's fashion for the Arab street
- Feisty and female: 12 superwomen smashing taboos in the Middle East
- Dastardly deeds and plots gone askew: the Mideast's comedy criminals exposed
- Stars sing for their mothers on that special day
- Mother's Day in the Middle East!