#AmmanDesignWeek dazzles with an extraordinary exhibit of modern ideas!
Three public spaces in downtown Amman have been temporarily re-purposed as platforms to promote Jordanian contemporary design. Supported by Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, Amman Design Week offers an extraordinary range of talent and experimentation never before displayed as a single "happening". Planned as an annual event to encourage growth in Jordan's design sector, with workshops and lectures that stimulate learning and innovation.
A wide range of handcrafted artifacts - many interactive - are showcased at "The Hangar" in Ras el Ain, the Jordan Museum "MakerSpace", and the upper level of Raghadan Tourist Terminal. Pieces include a musical organ made from shards of desert flint to intricately embroidered gowns that employ traditional stitchwork in radically new patternings.
The pilot event runs from September 1 through 9, with exhibitions open (free admission!) from 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM. Sponsored by Zain and Manaseer Group, with a shuttle bus (also free!) providing transport between venues.
What are you waiting for?
- wizards add a ‘touch of magic’ to al ain aerobatics championship debutant south africans join italy’s pioneer team for a shot at glory
- TDIC concludes Guggenheim Abu Dhabi operating framework with Guggenheim Foundation
- Digging up an ancient feud: Philistine cemetery discovered
- Art Dubai promises to be a glitzy affair
- Take a journey with Lebanese oud master Charbel Rouhana