1001 Arabian dishes: Mideast countries and their glorious gastronomy
Italians are famous for their pastas, the English for their fish & chips and Arabs, well, they’ve got a medley of colorful stews and brews under their abaya sleeves.
From the aromatic and the coarse, through the healthy and decadent, and the rustic to the gourmet, it’s no wonder the world has fallen in love with Middle Eastern fodder. The number of native and foreign foodies flocking to authentic Arabic restaurants in the West has skyrocketed in recent years. Continue reading below »
If your experience of Arabic cooking is stuck at humous and falafel - those stock Mideastern staples - we want to open your eyes to the array of delectable dishes bubbling below the sand-line.
So, if you’re up for exploring more Arabian cuisine, we have rustled up some titilatting inspiration for where to get started, in our geographical tour of this regional minefield, bursting (and exploding) with flavor and zest.
We have selected the 15 most popular dishes around the region for our panel of plates. Which concoction one will get your fasting bellies rumbling? Feast your eyes on this food, glorious food, from Planet Arabia!
- Arabia's other tee time: 17 stunning MidEast golf courses
- Food glorious food! Foodies flock to Dubai's decadent food-fest
- بالصور: أكلات عربية شعبية شهيرة
- Googoosh Makes Mideast Concert Comeback after Two-Decade Silence
- Upcoming landmark in Ajman - Ramada Hotel & Suites - promises to be destination of choice for enthusiastic travellers