Yes we Cannes: Mideast stars at 'le festival'
It seems that Middle Easterners at Cannes are front and centre stage. Whether it be showcasing top notch directors or providing the finest of ‘lady companions’ to the worlds hottest (and richest), Arabs are dominant on the red carpet in the south of France and this year was no different.
A couple of things seemed a-miss to the keener eye - usually a staple of fine film, Egyptian movies were seriously under-represented this year. Knocking them off their podium were North Africa and Iran, with a Tunisian film taking the Palm D’Or.
- Syrian short film makes history at 65th Cannes festival, with help from Dubai International Film Festival
- Les Arabes shimmy-down the red carpet at Cannes
- Jodie Foster to chair Cannes jury
- Cannes Fest: Palestinian Film Wins Jury Prize
- Natalie Portman says yes to the dress questions, no to questions about the Middle East!