Lads on tour: shagging, binging, groping and doing St. George proud in Dubai
For better or for worse, England’s influence in the Middle East has endured for well over a century. Gone are the days of beige linen suits, Balfour’s botched declaration and bomb-making tips courtesy of T.E. Lawrence. However, little England continues to spread its quirky charm, wielding a softer breed of cultural power, through its most famous exports, the lads on tour. And the ladettes. Showing a joyous disdain for local customs, the English have shagged, binged, insulted and groped their way into prisons the whole region over.
- Madonna brings sex, sin, inshallah 'n' shalom to her gun-toting 'peace' tour
- Understanding Arabs: 14 hacks to help crack the Middle Eastern Mind
- Retro Middle East: The rise and fall of the miniskirt
- Burberry and the Burka: Hints to tweak this Fall's fashion for the Arab street
- Business etiquette Arabia: 10 cultural hacks for sealing the deal with Arabs