The "evolution of Arabic music" smashed up in six minutes!
Iranian-Saudi a cappela artist Alaa Wardi squeezes a century of Arabic music into a six minute performance that pays homage to the giants of the genre. Teaming with digital music biz Anghami, he combined 42 of the most iconic Arabic-language songs into a music video that is as entertaining as it is educational.
Wardi kicks off with “Lamma Bada Yatathenna,” musical poetry that dates back to the Moors, and wraps up with the pop hits of Hussain Al Jassmi and Saad Lamjarred. Come travel through time, and meet the stars he sampled.
- Concerts jazz up Sharjah World Music Fest next week
- Hassan Khan contemporises classical Arab music at Cairo month-long show finale
- Rock on! Alternative music festival "Kuwait Rising" going down this weekend
- The magical Arab world inspires composer Joanna Marsh's poetic compositions
- He's worth waiting for! Justin Bieber shows up 2 hours late for Dubai concert