When They Were Young: Mideast Leaders in Their Prime
Heavy is the head that carries the crown, and no one represents this more than the weary leaders of the Middle East. At Al Bawaba HQ, the editors came upon a nice attache of youthful, sometimes embarassing, photos of the Middle East's most prominent male figures. The region's pioneers in their prime!
These heads of states- Arab kings and Presidents, current and past, over all show a staggering degree of aging. It's as though this panel of guys have carried the world's weight on their shoulders -- or at least the Middle East's burdens. Continue reading below »
Here is our selection of Middle Eastern leaders when they still had a spring in their step, rather than an Arab Spring on their hands.
Have your say! Who do you think is the best looking of the bunch? Do any of their "before" shots leave you feeling nostalgic for yesteryear? Or wishing you got in there sooner as their first lady?
- New Israeli President Says Mideast Peace is Near
- Dastardly deeds and plots gone askew: the Mideast's comedy criminals exposed
- Abdullah calls for Marshall Plan for MidEast
- Leaders of the forum leave Jordan with a spring in their step
- EU leaders call for convening of Mideast peace conference while Israel tightens grip on West Bank cities