Burkhinis in Saudi or beers in Ramallah, your guide to the Mideast's hidden tourism gems
With summer vacation season on the horizon, the Middle East’s holiday hotspots are sure to be crowded and stressful. Let’s face it, a visit there will probably leave you in need of another holiday as soon as you get home. It’s time to cast the Pyramids and Petra aside people!
Believe it or not, there are more hidden gems in the Middle East than there are shawarma shops. Whether you fancy finding an isolated spot for burkhini snorkelling, the oldest ghost town in the UAE or the rambunctious Ramallah nightlife, there are myriad ways to escape the tour groups and discover your own favourite holiday hangout in the region. Continue reading below »
Drop us a line with your favourite destinations. Here are some of ours...
- Ramadan Tourism: Hot cities to spend your Holy Month in
- No time for holiday boredom: Eid concerts to tide you over the Adha routine!
- The end of the fast: celebrities cash-in on the Eid festivities
- Eid al-Adha doesn't have to be all sheep and awkward family dinners, spend it underwater this year!
- Chilling out through a scorching Holy Month: how to have an ice-ice-Ramadan!