Fire and brimstone: the year in politics for a region in flux, part 1
At the conclusion of a tumultuous year in Middle Eastern politics, Al Bawaba brings you the leading political stories of the year. From Egypt’s struggle with what it means to be a democracy, and the death throes of the Arab Spring to the increasing regional impact of Syria’s civil war and Palestine’s continued to struggle towards freedom.
These are the stories that shaped the region in 2012.
Share your two cents on the year that launched more Arab revolutions and saw others deliberate, hesitate and hold off the fire for now...What Mideast political event stands out for you in 2012?
- حصاد عام 2012 السياسي: الشرق الأوسط لا يزال يعاني من عدم الاستقرار
- Fire and brimstone: the year in politics for a region in flux, part 2
- Forget the US, forget Saudi Arabia: Could Jordan's development of oil shale be the true game changer here?
- حصاد عام 2012 السياسي: الشرق الأوسط لا يزال يعاني من عدم الاستقرار - ج 2
- Egypt's referendum part 1: voters out in force for controversial constitution poll