Ball scratching and finger waggling, Morsi blunders on
Life as an opposition politician wasn’t easy under ousted Egyptian dictator Hosni Mubarak. Airing your thoughts publicly was liable to get you a short stint in prison at the very least.
But taking on the role of ruling the country is a different kettle of fish altogether, as Muslim Brotherhood President Mohamed Morsi is finding out. With the world’s press following his every move, this ‘man of the people’ is struggling with the proper etiquette as he hobnobs with the great and the good. Continue reading below »
From ball-scratching to finger waggling, Morsi has been blundering his way through official events both around Egypt and internationally. And the reaction within Egypt has been merciless, as these North Africans use their famous wit to take him down a peg or two.
No matter the serious political problems in Egypt, these social media hipsters would rather civil war than another Morsi public gaff. Here we take you through some of the President’s most embarrassing moments to cringe and sigh along with the rest of his countrymen.
What do you think about Morsi’s public embarrassments? Is it just petty mockery or do they say more about the man than might first appear? Share your thoughts with us below.
- Far from the Tahrir crowd: has 'Jan 25' Egypt given the people what they want?
- The man behind the trial: Mohamed Morsi, his Brotherhood and mistakes
- In the time of Morsi: back to the new President and his Morsimeter
- Lawlessness grips the Nile: mob crime plunges Egypt back to a darker age
- I am President, hear me roar: Morsi's ego takes center stage at short-lived trial