New kid on the jazeera: Meet Qatar's Tamim Al Thani
The reins of power in Qatar have been transferred from father to son. In a rare demonstration of a peaceful power transition in the region, Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani takes over from his father, who's thought to be suffering from a health condition.
Like father like son
Tamim inherits his place at the top of a rising Gulf giant, however his father Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani is expected to remain influential from behind the scenes. Propped up by abundant natural gas reserves and an international portfolio of real estate and business investments, Qatar's burst on to the global diplomatic stage, most recently pulling strings in the anti-Assad uprising in Syria. Continue reading below »
Driving his father's car
Tamim's been heavily involved throughout Qatar's sporting an diplomatic rise and is expected to continue driving the Gulf state along the same road.
- Qatar Foundation opens doors for job seekers at Qatar Career Fair 2013
- Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani: A guide to Qatar's new leader
- His highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani, the father Amir, and her highness Sheikha Moza Bint Nasser participate in National Sport Day at Qatar Foundation
- Qatar Foundation embraces new chapter in the history of the nation
- Qatar Foundation leads students in Al-Istisqa rain seeking prayers