Holy month, unholy secrets: celebs leave little to the imagination
In the Middle East, this Ramadan is proving hotter in more ways than one. If it's not one female Arab celeb giving us too much information (TMI) about her love life, it's another sharing childhood issues that her family might well prefer stayed behind closed doors. Bitching out rival stars or talking body parts shamelessly - it's all fair game and ready for spilling on Ramadan talk shows, much to the viewers' voyeuristic delight. Continue reading below »
Airing dirty laundry - the more soiled and stained the better - seems to be the flavor of this holy month of irreverent talk shows that go where no respectable Arab TV station would go. But the flagship entertainment stations are just broadcasting the stars with scandals ready for sharing.
Dip into this sample of Ramadan 'talk' TV to get a taste of just how racy Arabic TV can get once people start munching their food. Find out who misses Mubarak and who's re-considering their imminent marriage.
Perhaps Arab celebs need some image management. But who's going to be play Max Clifford to these Mohamed Fayeds?
Please share generously your own take on these celeb confessions on Ramadan TV. Should Arab stars be seeking publicists to help them know when to kiss and not tell?
- Kerching! Get your calculators out, celeb Ramadan $alaries revealed
- R-Rated for Ramadan: What's with the holy month's risque TV?
- Pulling a fast one this Ramadan: 14 ways out of this starving summer!
- Chilling out through a scorching Holy Month: how to have an ice-ice-Ramadan!
- Ramadan Tourism: Hot cities to spend your Holy Month in