The Ten Years since 911: How Osama Bin Laden Made the World a Worse Place
As we commemorate the 10-year anniversary of September 11 and remember the tragic victims who expected to start another day of work, only to end up victim to one of history's most dramatic human-made acts of destruction, we can survey the new altered reaity we inhabit - all of which seems to be a result of that incident.
We cannot board an aeroplane, wire money internationally or watch the news without being reminded of that fateful day 10 years ago. In some countries, the idea of introducing ID cards has taken off for the first time. In others, terror suspects are received from abroad to be tortured. In the meantime, being a Muslim has become a completely different experience. Continue reading below »
The religion of Islam has been forced to look at itself in the mirror. Salafi Muslims no longer respect their leaders, and being a Muslim woman wearing hijab in the West is a challenge. Even after a Norwegian mad-man proved otherwise, many throughout the world will continue to suspect Muslims of being terrorists.
- Osama Bin getting Laid-en? US refuses to release OBL's porn stash
- A decade of reflections from the Middle East 'victims' of 9/11
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Osama bin Laden: The most wanted face of terrorism. His obituary
- Celebrate the Anniversary of Osama Bin Laden's Death with a Brick