- Daesh plans to hit Euro 2016 in France: German spy chiefGermany's domestic intelligence agency has warned that the Daesh terrorist group is preparing for a terror attack it during the upcoming Euro 2016 soccer tournament to in France.Full Story »
- Mahrez honored by Ould Abbes for his “exceptional performances”Algerian midfielder who plays for Leicester City (English Premier League), Riyad Mahrez received, Friday, a trophy for his “exceptional performances” from Djamel Ould Abbes...Full Story »
- Scientists and WHO disagree over Zika risk for Rio OlympicsAugust's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro should be postponed or moved to avoid intensifying the spread of the Zika virus, according to a letter signed by 151 leading scientists.Full Story »
- Qatar to face Albania in friendly football match on SundayCoached by Daniel Carreno, Qatar will play a friendly against Albania on Sunday before winding down their training camp in Austria. The squad’s training camp is based 90-minute drive away from Vienna, a Qatar Football Association (QFA) official said on Saturday.Full Story »
1 - 2 OF 10
- Barcelona footballing legend Carles Puyol visits Giza pyramids, new museumThe Spanish football player was given a tour of the not-yet-open Grand Egyptian Museum
- Ancelotti: Sacking Benitez and hiring Zidane has paid off for Real MadridLos Blancos made the decision to dispense with the services of the former Liverpool manager earlier this year and have turned their season around with Zizou at the helm
- Jordan women’s national under-19 team regroup for Asian qualifiersJordan women’s U-19 national football team regrouped on Wednesday to start preparations for the Asian Group A qualifiers for the 2017 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) U-19 Women’s Championship.
- Gaza remembers Rachel Corrie in a football tournamentFor the ninth year in a row, Palestinians in the city of Rafah will organize a football tournament in the memory of Rachel Corrie...
- Zidane friendship has united Real Madrid again, claims RamosThe Spanish defender praised Zizou for the impact he's had since occupying the Bernabeu hotseat and believes the former France captain has healed the scars left by Rafael Benitez
- Egypt should be proud of Salah, says Roma's PjanicBosnian midfielder Miralem Pjanic says that Salah 'speaks about Egypt all the time'
- More than 90,000 security and specialty forces for Euro 2016More than 90,000 security and specialty forces will be deployed across France during the Euro 2016 football championship this summer, Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said Wednesday.
- Rami replaces injured Varane in France's Euro 2016 squadHaving suffered a thigh tear over the weekend, the Real Madrid centre-half has been replaced with the 30-year-old Sevilla man by Les Bleus boss Didier Deschamps
- Zamalek draw Enyimba, Al Ahly face Asec in CAF Champions LeagueEnyimba FC of Aba will take on the five-time African champions Zamalek in the group stage of the CAF Champions League having been drawn together in Group B.
- Rumors: Mourinho wants Benzema at Man UtdThe Real Madrid striker is wanted by the Portuguese, who is preparing to take over at Old Trafford following the sacking of Louis van Gaal, and a bid is in the pipeline
1 - 2 OF 10
- Doha to host Ladies European Tour event in NovemberThe Ladies European Tour is set to break new ground this winter when it stages an event in Qatar for the first time.
- Egyptian amputee table tennis player defies all oddsHas anyone ever told you that you can’t do something? And that “something” is out of your league and will forever be...
- OSN to air live WWE SmackdownOSN, the home to all WWE programming in the Middle East, announced that Smackdown will now air live – for the first time ever...
- Fatma al Nabhani advances in Incheon ChallengerOman's Fatma al Nabhani advanced to the second round of the US$25,000 ITF Incheon Women's Challenger tournament in Incheon, South Korea on Wednesday.
- Raneem El Welily stuns world number one Nour El SherbiniEgyptain sympathetic with tired rival after posting straight-set win in PSA Dubai World Series Finals
- Brother of Brussels bomber to compete for Belgium in Rio Olympics Mourad Laachraoui is the younger brother of Najim, one of two suicide bombers who killed 32 people in March.
- Oman's Fatma al Nabhani seeded ninth at Incheon ChallengerOman’s tennis star Fatma al Nabhani hopes for a better show at the US$25,000 ITF Incheon Women's Challenger tournament in South Korea after making an exit in the quarterfinals of the Goyang event in South Korea on Friday.
- FBMA study explores Emirati youth’s sports preferencesThe Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Sports Academy (FBMA) has conducted a study to explore the sports preferences of female Emirati youth....
- AS Roma boss to scout Egyptian players during Ahly friendlyRoma's coach prepares for Ahly friendly as official game to save the team's reputation
- Egypt's first woman rally driver shows desert racing not only for menWhen Yara Shalaby got lost in the desert during her first race, she felt she had handed victory to all those who had mocked her decision to become Egypt's first woman rally driver.
Emirati Al-Ain club's players pose for a picture during their Asian Champions League football match against Iranian Zobahan club at Foolad Shahr Stadium in Isfahan on May 25, 2016. MEHDI ZARE / AFP
Qatar's Mutaz Essa Barshim competes in the High Jump final event at the Diamond League athletics meeting at the Suhaim bin Hamad Stadium in Doha on May 6, 2016. KARIM JAAFAR / AFP
Saudi's Al-Ahli club players celebrate after scoring a goal during their AFC Champions League group D football match against Qatar's El-Jaish club at the King Abdullah Spots City in Jeddah on May 3, 2016. Al-Ahli won the match 2-0. STRINGER / AFP
FIFA President Gianni Infantino (L) poses for a picture with the workers football cup trophy during a match ahead of a press conference in the Qatari capital Doha on April 22, 2016. KARIM JAAFAR / AFP
UAE's Al-Nasr club player Tariq Ahmed (L) tries to control the ball as Uzbekistan's Lokomotiv club player Sanjar Shaakhmedov falls to the ground during their Asian Champions League (AFC) group A football match at the Rashid Al-Maktoum Stadium in Dubai on April 20, 2016. KARIM SAHIB / AFP
Tractorsazi Tabriz' Mehdi Kiani (L) vies for the ball with Al-Hilal's Yussef al-Salem during their AFC Champions League group stage football match in Doha on April 19, 2016. KARIM JAAFAR / AFP
Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team's German driver Nico Rosberg (R) celebrates on the podium after winning the Formula One Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai on April 17, 2016, as second-placed Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel of Germany (R) looks on. GREG BAKER / AFP
Roma's midfielder from Egypt Mohamed Salah celebrates after scoring during the Italian Serie A football match Roma vs Bologna on April 11, 2016 at Olympic stadium in Rome. ALBERTO PIZZOLI / AFP