- Italian Supercup: Juventus 2-2 Napoli AET (5-6 on pens)Carlos Tevez and Gonzalo Higuain scored two apiece to take the clash to spot-kicks, where Simone Padoin missed the crucial effort to hand the trophy to the Partenopei Full Story »
- Olympics and World Cup get all the 2014 attention - on and off pitchThe Sochi Olympics and Brazil World Cup dominate sport in 2014 but also make headlines away from the playing field in 2014.Full Story »
- FIFA official: England was strongest contender to host 2018 World CupA FIFA official has revealed that despite England's failed bid to host the World Cup in 2018, the nation had been by far the strongest contender, questioning that how could they have got only two votes.Full Story »
- German bank set to sue Ecclestone for €345m over F1 saleA German bank is on course to take legal proceedings against Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone and his family trust fund for 345 million euroson account of the sale of its stake in Formula One.Full Story »
1 - 2 OF 10
- Premier League: Liverpool 2-2 ArsenalThe Gunners made the most of their only two shots on target all game but the hosts, who dominated proceedings for the majority, equalised in the 97th minute with a powerful header
- Prince Ali set to challenge Fifa's BlatterThe resignation of World Cup corruption investigator Michael Garcia hopefully has inflicted a damaging blow to the re-election prospects of Fifa president Sepp Blatter. For it is believed to have finally convinced Prince Ali of Jordan, potentially his most credible rival, to challenge him next year.
- Man Utd planning £80m triple swoop in JanuaryEnglish soccer giant Manchester United are reportedly confident of sealing three successful deal in the transfer window in January for a staggering amount worth 80 million pounds.
- Van Gaal: frustrating not to win against 10-man VillaManchester United football team manager Louis van Gaal believes losing points against teams like Aston Villa could hamper their hopes of claiming the Premier League title.
- Club World Cup final: Real Madrid 2-0 San LorenzoA header from the defender was followed up by a second-half strike from the Wales star as Carlo Ancelotti's men finished 2014 in style
- Club World Cup: Cruz Azul 1-1 Auckland City (pens 2-4)Ryan De Vries put the New Zealanders ahead and although their Mexican opponents levelled through Joao Rojas, Ramon Tribulietx's men prevailed in the shootout
- FIFA insist Russia, Qatar will remain 2018, 2022 WC hostsDespite FIFA executives unanimously agreeing to publish a legally appropriate version of a report into allegations of World Cup bidding corruption, the world football's governing body insisted that Russia and Qatar would stay as hosts of the 2018 and 2022 tournaments respectively.
- Premier League: Aston Villa 1-1 Man UtdThe loanee scored his second goal on his second start, but Christian Benteke's earlier opener saw the resurgent club fail to record a seventh consecutive Premier League win
- Premier League: Man City 3-0 Crystal PalaceThe Spaniard was the difference with a second-half salvo, although the dogged visitors saw James McArthur's header incorrectly ruled out before the Ivorian settled the game
- Fifa Executive Committee prepare for vote on Garcia report publicationThe Fifa Executive Committee has assembled for its two-day meeting in Marrakech with the notorious Garcia report at the heart of its agenda
1 - 2 OF 10
- Boxing legend Muhammad Ali hospitalized with 'mild' pneumoniaBoxing legend Muhammad Ali has been taken to hospital on account of diagnosed with a mild case of pneumonia.
- Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix draws record 60,000 peopleThe 2014 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was the most successful to date with the largest ever capacity at 60,000 people, marking an increase of 5,000 tickets over the 2013 edition, said event organisers.
- Nadal eyes Australian Open title post successful appendix surgeryWorld number three Rafael Nadal has revealed that his Australian Open preparations are on course following his recovery from appendix surgery.
- ITF names Djokovic, Williams as 2014 World ChampionsNovak Djokovic and Serena Williams have been chosen as the men's and women's world champions for 2014 by the International Tennis Federation ( ITF).
- Ecclestone returns to F1 commercial boardBernie Ecclestone has been re-appointed to the Formula One board that runs the commercial aspect of the company, joining ex-Ferrari president Luca Di Montezemolo and businessman Paul Walsh in the board.
- Bolt says dropping 200-metres from Olympics would be 'ridiculous' Jamaican sprint superstar Usain Bolt is against the changes to Olympics athletics programmes and has termed the reports suggesting the 200-metres being among five events at risk of being removed from the Games as ridiculous, saying that it must not happen.
- Alonso looking forward to successful era with McLarenDouble-time Formula One world champion Fernando Alonso said that he is looking forward to attain success with the newly joined McLaren-Honda team.
- Hamilton aiming to win another championship titleormula One world champion Lewis Hamilton said that he has been able to get past setbacks quickly, admitting that he is aiming for another championship title.
- Murray eyes winning start in Abu DhabiAndy Murray will line up at the Mubadala World Tennis Championship here next month with plans to get his year off to a perfect start with a victory.
- McIlroy bags BBC's Northern Ireland Sport Personality of 2014 awardNorthern Irish golf ace Rory McIlroy has been named as BBC Northern Ireland's Sport Personality of 2014 after Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton beat him by a small margin for the main national award.
Hart signs new Manchester City deal
Mourinho confident Hazard will sign new Chelsea deal
Milan ponder Sneijder move
Man Utd may have to sacrifice De Gea for Bale
Campbell plans to leave Arsenal in January
Mourinho wants to bring Varane to Chelsea
Man City v Man United tunnel cam: Ex-Chelsea men Lampard & Mata hug
Man United's Rojo out for up to 3 months with dislocated shoulder