- Bahrain Olympic Committee sign deal with sport media panelThe Bahrain Olympic Committee (BOC) has signed an agreement with the Bahrain Journalists Association’s (BJA) Sport Media Committeein an attempt to strengthen the principle of community partnership in the kingdom.Full Story »
- Iran targets eight medals at Rio Olympics: officialMahmoud Goudarzi, Iran's minister of sport and youth, is optimistic of winning eight medals at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.Full Story »
- Algeria's Mahrez reaches new Premier League milestoneThe winger reached double figures for goals and assists in the Premier League this season - and only one player was quicker to the milestone in Europe...Full Story »
- Manchester City 1-3 Leicester City: Mahrez, Huth goals move Foxes six points clearGoals from the German defender and Riyad Mahrez saw Claudio Ranieri's side send out a title message to their rivals with an emphatic victory at the Etihad StadiumFull Story »
- First Female Media Sports Forum in Arab world tackles challenges facing sports media womenThe first ever "Female Sports Media Forum" took place at Al Jawaher Reception and Convention Centre in Sharjah last Wednesday, held on the sidelines of the third Arab Women Sports Tournament 2016 (AWST), and focused on the challenges faced by women in media.Full Story »
1 - 2 OF 10
- Africa's CAF supports Sheikh Salman in FIFA presidential electionThe African football confederation CAF will back Sheikh Salman Bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa of Bahrain for the presidential
- Belgium remain top in FIFA rankings; Palestine biggest climbersBelgium maintained first place and Hungary rose to a best ever 19th in the latest football world rankings issued Thursday by the ruling body FIFA, with most changes coming in the lower regions.
- Ultras Ahlawy remain defiant 4 years after deadly Port Said stadium violence The Ultras Ahlawy fan group reiterated demands for retribution this week, four years after a football stadium turned into a crime scene and over 70 people were killed in the Egyptian city of Port Said in February 2012.
- Infantino gets broad European backing for FIFA presidential bidThe football federations of 2018 World Cup hosts Russia, Denmark and Moldova were the latest on Wednesday to announce their support of Gianni Infantino in his bid for the presidency of the world governing body FIFA.
- Al-Sisi calls upon Al-Ahly Ultras to respect judicial process in Port Said riot proceedingsPresident Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi called upon 10 members of the Al-Ahly Sporting Club Ultras Ahlawy (UA) to intervene among disgruntled members of the fan base to urge them to observe judicial proceedings in the Port Said stadium riots.
- Mohamed Salah ends goal drought as Roma beat Sassuolo 2-0Egypt winger Mohamed Salah ended a seven-match goal drought in the Italian Serie A to set AS Roma on their way to a 2-0 victory over Sassuolo on Tuesday.
- Egypt's Amro Tarek leaves Real Betis to join Colombus CrewFormer Gouna player Amro Tarek becomes the first ever Egyptian player to join the Major League Soccer in the USA
- Zwanziger can call Qatar 'cancerous growth' on football - for nowFormer German football federation (DFB) chief Theo Zwanziger can for now continue calling 2022 World Cup hosts Qatar "the cancerous growth on world football," a Dusseldorf court said Tuesday in a preliminary ruling.
- Infantino unveils plans for first 90 days if elected FIFA presidentGianni Infantino unveiled a plan of action on Monday for his first 90 days if he's elected FIFA president.
- Ronaldo proved critics wrong, says ZidaneThe forward has been criticised for his performances this season, but his coach praised him for responding on the pitch
1 - 2 OF 10
- Brazil minister says no plans to cancel Rio GamesBrazil's sports minister says the possibility of canceling the Rio de Janeiro Olympics because of the outbreak of the Zika virus "is not in discussion,"according to AP.
- More medals for UAE on Women Arab Sports Tournament The Women Arab Sports Tournament (AWST), being hosted by Sharjah from February 2 -12th, saw more victory for the UAE in volleyball on its third day with Al Wasl wining against Lebanon's Al Qalmoun 3-0, while Jordan's Olympic won against Palestine's Ebdaa 3-0.
- Port Said parliament members oppose Sisi’s outreach to UltrasParliament members from Port Said have voiced their objection to President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi's call for dialogue with the Ultras football fan groups.
- Sharjah Ladies Club wins volleyball competition at AWSTThe volleyball team of Sharjah Ladies Club, SLC, came first in the volleyball competition in the 3rd Arab Women Sports Tournament, AWST, hosted by Sharjah from February 2nd...
- Federer disappointed at missing out on Dubai Duty Free Tennis ChampionshipsDubai Duty Free wishes Swiss ace a speedy recovery after he is ruled out following knee surgery
- Jawaher Al Qasimi launches 3rd Arab Women Sports TournamentH.H. Sheikha Jawaher bint Mohammed Al Qasimi, Chairperson of the Supreme Council for Family Affairs, Wife of H.H. the Ruler of Sharjah, opened the 3rd Arab Women Sports Tournament yesterday evening at the Sharjah Equestrian and Racing Club.
- Oman to participate in Arab Women Sports TournamentA seven-member team has been picked by the Oman Athletics Association (OAA) to take part in the Arab Women Sports Tournament (AWST), which began in Sharjah, UAE on Tuesday.
- First women only Sports Journalist Forum opens at 3rd Arab Women Sports TournamentThe first ever Female Sports Journalist Forum is taking place at the Al Jawaher Reception and Convention Centre during the third Arab Women Sports Tournament, AWST 2016, being hosted in Sharjah from February 2nd to 12th.
- Bahrain to host KHKMMA ChampionshipHH Shaikh Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa, First Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Council of Youth and Sports (SCYS), President of Bahrain Athletics Association (BAA)...
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics to have men compete against women in shootingBy the 2020 Olympics (in Tokyo), women shooters will be seen competing against men. The previous instance was during the 1992 Barcelona Games...
Rory McIlroy of Northern Ireland plays his third shot during the first round of the 2016 Dubai Desert Classic at the Emirates Golf Club on February 4, 2016 in Dubai.
First Women Sports Journalist Forum opens at 3rd Arab Women Sports Tournament in Sharjah @AWSTShj
Rickie Fowler of the United States celebrates with his trophy after winning in the final of the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship in the capital of the United Arab Emirates on January 24, 2016.
Real Madrid's French forward Karim Benzema celebrates after scoring during the Spanish league football match Real Madrid CF vs Real Sporting de Gijon at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid on January 17, 2016. AFP PHOTO/ PEDRO ARMESTRE
Real Madrid's new French coach Zinedine Zidane looks on before the Spanish league football match Real Madrid CF vs RC Deportivo La Coruna at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid on January 9, 2016. AFP PHOTO / GERARD JULIEN
Novak Djokovic of Serbia (L) poses for a photo with his winning trophy next to Rafael Nadal of Spain holding his second place trophy following the final of the Qatar Open tennis tournament on January 9, 2016, in Doha. AFP PHOTO / KARIM JAAFAR
Spanish player Rafael Nadal (L) poses with his winning trophy next to UAE Sports and Youth Minister Sheikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak al-Nahyan after beating Canadian player Milos Raonic in the final match of the Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi on January 2, 2016. AFP PHOTO / MARWAN NAAMANI
Barcelona star Lionel Messi attends the 10th Dubai International Sports Conference