- Dubai Championship: Wozniacki, Svitolina walk away with positivesNew champion from Ukraine pleased after solid week of tennisFull Story »
- World’s elite athletes return to Abu Dhabi for annual World Professional Jiu-Jitsu ChampionshipThe 9th successive Abu Dhabi World Professional Jiu-Jitsu Championship, held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan...Full Story »
- First Qatar World Cup stadium to open by second quarter of 2017Khalifa International Stadium, one of the major venues for the Qatar FIFA World Cup 2022, is likely to open by the second quarter of 2017, following extensive redevelopment, a top official has said.Full Story »
- Blacklisted former Egyptian football star Mohamed Aboutrika free to enter countryInterior ministry spokesman says Mohamed Aboutrika is free to return to Egypt, despite previous action taken against him. Full Story »
- Oman coach Pim Verbeek calls up 26 players for first national team campOman football team coach Pim Verbeek has called up 26 probables for his first training camp that will be held at the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex (SQSC)...Full Story »
1 - 2 OF 10
- Mahrez branded a 'snake' as fans crash his Ranieri farewell messageThe Leicester City winger posted a touching tribute to his ex-boss after his sacking earlier this week but found it did not go down well with everyone
- COMESA Competition Commission investigates monopoly claims of CAFThe COMESA Competition Commission opened an investigation into the claims of monopoly practices allegedly carried out by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) with regards to the marketing of broadcast rights and the sponsorship of CAF tournaments.
- Egyptian fans to attend five games next month, says sports ministerFans have been barred from attending football matches for three years, following the Port Said Stadium massacre
- OFFICIAL: Schalke complete permanent Bentaleb signingThe Algeria international has scored four times in 20 matches for the Bundesliga outfit since a summer loan move and will now stay until 2021
- Zidane hopes potential France return will boost BenzemaThe Real Madrid manager hopes an international comeback will help to reinvigorate his fellow countryman, while he has also backed Keylor Navas
- Legacy is the key to Qatar 2022: FIFA chief InfantinoOne year after his last visit, FIFA President Gianni Infantino returned to Qatar last week for an Executive Football Summit. Designed to...
- Real Madrid lead is worthless - ZidaneLos Blancos currently lead La Liga by a point from bitter rivals Barcelona, and have a game in hand, but the Frenchman is unmoved by such statistics
- VIDEO: Messi arrives in Cairo, visits Giza pyramidsArgentinean superstar and FC Barcelona footballer Lionel Messi arrived in Egypt on Tuesday evening to launch the campaign Tour'n'Cure, a medical tourism program for the low-cost treatment of Hepatitis C patients in Egypt.
- Al Kuwait crowned champs of Amir CupAl-Kuwait Football Club have been crowned champions of His Highness Amir Soccer Cup for the 13th time in the history of the competition.
- Zidane: Barcelona are not in crisisThe Frenchman has played down the Catalans' recent poor form and has also given updates on the futures of Isco, Pepe and James Rodriguez
1 - 2 OF 10
- Moroccan boxer wins world championship in 69 Kg weightMoroccan boxer Ahmed bin Jeddo won the world championship in professional boxing in 69 kg, as classified by the World Boxing Organization (WBO)
- Elina Svitolina joins the ranking elite with Dubai title triumphElina Svitolina will join the WTA top 10 for the first time thanks to a 6-4, 6-2 defeat of Caroline Wozniacki on Saturday to win the Dubai Tennis Championships.
- Egypt enhancing sports cooperation with HungaryThe Hungarian ambassador to Egypt, Péter Kveck, met with the Egyptian Minister of Youth and Sports, Khaled Abdel Aziz, on 21 February at the ministry’s headquarters...
- Muhammad Ali’s son detained at airport: ‘Are you Muslim?’A lawyer says the son of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali was detained by immigration officials at a Florida airport.
- Wozniacki delighted to enter her second Dubai finalFormer champion and tenth seed Caroline Wozniacki made her second final in Dubai when she swept aside Latvia’s Anastasija Sevastova 6-3, 6-4 before an appreciative crowd at the Dubai Duty Free Women’s Open on Friday.
- Bahrain gearing up for GCC GamesThe Kingdom of Bahrain looks to regain the GCC Women’s Games glory next month when the Fifth edition of the games takes place in Doha.
- Nissan's Adel Hussein Abdulla wins FIA appealNissan’s Adel Hussein Abdulla has won his FIA appeal and has belatedly been crowned the 2016 FIA T2 World Champion.
- Qatar hosts athletic training campQatar Olympic Committee (QOC) is hosting a training camp as part of "Shine", its Rio 2016 legacy project.
- 2017 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix countdown beginsBahrain International Circuit (BIC) is getting all geared up to host this year’s biggest and most awaited event: the 2017 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain...
- Nike commercial celebrates Arab female athletes 'to inspire others'"What will they say about you?" is a rhetorical question with which many women and girls in the Middle East are all too familiar...
Esteghlal Khuzestan's Aloys Nong celebrates his goal against UAE's al-Jazira during an Asian Champions League Group B football match at Mohammed Bin Zayed Stadium on February 27, 2017. NEZAR BALOUT / AFP
Elina Svitolina of Ukraine celebrates with the trophy after winning the final women's WTA Tennis Championship match in Dubai on February 25, 2017. Svitolina beat Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki 6-4, 6-2 to win a rain-delayed final. KARIM SAHIB / AFP
Abdulaziz Haikal (R) of UAE's Al-Ahli FC kicks the ball past Ali Ghorbani of Iran's Esteghlal FC during their AFC Champions League qualifying football match between UAE's Al-Ahli and Iran's Esteghlal FC at Al-Rashid Stadium in Dubai on February 20, 2017. STRINGER / AFP
AS Roma's midfielder from Egypt Mohamed Salah (R) celebrates after scoring Torino , during the Italian Serie A football match AS Roma versus Torino on February 19, 2017 at Rome's Olympic stadium. ANDREAS SOLARO / AFP
Roma's Bosnian forward Edin Dzeko (R) celebrates after scoring with teammate Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah during the Italian Serie A football match FC Crotone vs AS Roma on February 12, 2017 at the Ezio Scida Stadium, in Crotone. CARLO HERMANN / AFP
Qatar's Al-Sadd starting eleven pose for a team photo prior to their AFC Champions League playoff football match against Iran's Esteghlal club at the Azadi stadium in Tehran on February 7, 2017. ATTA KENARE / AFP
Cameroon team players and Cameroon's Belgian coach Hugo Broos (C) celebrate with the winner's trophy after beating Egypt 2-1 to win the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations final football match between Egypt and Cameroon at the Stade de l'Amitie Sino-Gabonaise in Libreville on February 5, 2017. ISSOUF SANOGO / AFP
Tiger Woods of the United States follows his ball after playing a shot during the Dubai Desert Classic golf tournament at the Emirates Golf Club in Dubai on February 2, 2017. NEZAR BALOUT / AFP