- Hayatou becomes acting FIFA president following Blatter suspensionThe Swiss has been banned along with Michel Platini and Jerome Valcke for 90 days and will be replaced by the CAF headFull Story »
- Oman host Iran in much-awaited World Cup qualifierIn a clash to go on top of the table, hosts Oman take on much fancied Iran in a Group D qualifier for the 2018 FIFA World Cup at the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex on Thursday. The match kicks off at 6.30pm.Full Story »
- FIFA president Blatter facing provisional suspension for 90 daysFIFA president Sepp Blatter is facing provisional suspension for 90 days by the organization's ethics committee.Full Story »
- 175-member UAE squad to participate in second GCC GamesA 175-member UAE squad will leave for Dammam next week to participate in the Second GCC Games in the eastern Saudi Arabian city from October 15-26. Full Story »
1 - 2 OF 10
- Blatter reiterates decision to continue as FIFA chiefSepp Blatter backed his decision of not relinquishing his position as FIFA president and said a Swiss probe against him is "not correct".
- AFC replace Iranian referee for Al-Ahli, Al-Hilal Champions League semifinal second legThe Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has replaced Iranian referee Alireza Faghani with Bahraini’s Nawaf Shukralla...
- Israeli football media platform 90min raises $15mThe contributor-driven soccer media platform will launch an American Sports brand, targeting the US consumer arena with offices in New York.
- Nasri considering MLS move in futureSamir Nasri claims he would not play for France again even if his father was the national team manager, while he wants an MLS move.
- Chung says he is threatened by FIFA banFIFA presidential candidate Chung Mong Joon said Tuesday he could be given a 19-year ban from football by the world governing body's ethics committee and ruled out as a potential replacement for current president Joseph Blatter.
- Prosecutors seek to drop Turkish match-fixing charges against Fenerbahce President YildirimProsecutors on Monday called for football match-fixing charges against Fenerbahce President Aziz Yildirim to be dropped.
- Russian World Cup stadium catches fireA fire erupted on Monday at Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium, which is undergoing construction work in preparation for it to host the 2018 World Cup final.
- Oman coach Le Guen announces team for World Cup qualifier against IranOman coach Paul Le Guen has named a 23-member squad for the forthcoming FIFA 2018 World Cup qualifier against Iran, which will be played at the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex on October 8.
- Cuper: Zamalek proved Egyptian football is returningHector Cuper has praised Zamalek's 'spirit' despite their aggregate defeat
- FIFA Monitoring Committee Israel-Palestine hold meeting in Tel AvivThe FIFA Monitoring Committee Israel-Palestine, under the chairmanship of South African Tokyo Sexwale and comprising representatives from the Israel Football Association...
1 - 2 OF 10
- Israel withdraw from windsurfing championships in Oman over security concernsShin Bet says it did not manage to reach agreement with local security forces in Persian Gulf state and therefore wouldn't permit windsurfing delegation’s visit to the country.
- Xpress Money offer lifetime opportunity to witness cricket legends in DubaiXpress Money, a leading money transfer brand, is offering a once in a lifetime opportunity to witness cricket legends Sachin Tendulkar and Wasim Akram in association with the exclusive event 'Cricket & Beyond,'
- Iranian woman shooter Ahmadi dreams of Olympics gloryIranian woman shooter Elaheh Ahmadi says that he is going to win a gold medal in the 2016 Olympics Games.
- All is set for Abu Dhabi Cycling TourUAE’s Ministry of Interior has completed its preparations to participate in organizing the Abu Dhabi Cycling World Tour, will achieve a significant qualitative leap for the future of the sports industry in the region.
- Arab Rugby Federation officially formedThe Arab Rugby Federation, ARF, has officially been formed following an extraordinary general meeting held in Dubai on October 1st.
- 170 Bahraini athletes to participate in GCC GamesBahrain will be sending more than 170 of its finest athletes for the Second GCC Games, due to take place from October 15 to 26 in Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
- Exercise eases knee osteoarthritis for up to 6 monthsA therapeutic program of weight-bearing exercise reduces pain and improves joint function, at least for two to six months, for people with osteoarthritis, according to a review of previous trials.
- China win FIBA Asia title, Iran claim third placeChina won the 28th FIBA men's Asia Championship Saturday after defeating Philippines 78-67 in the tourney's final match.
- Iran to face Japan for FIBA Asia Championship third-placeHolder Iran lost to host China 70-57 in the 2015 FIBA Asia Championship semis in Changsha on Friday.
- Lebanon bow out of FIBA Asia Championship after Philippines lossLebanon bowed out of the Asian Championship Thursday after losing at the hands of the Philippines 82-70 in the quarterfinals. The Cedars.
Roma turn to FIFA over missing payments from Al-Ittihad for Marquinho deal
Ailton’s header eight minutes from time earned Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal a 1-1 draw with Al Ahli of the United Arab Emirates in the first leg of their 2015 AFC Champions League semi-final on Tuesday, leaving the tie firmly in the balance (source: the-afc.com)
Federer rolls back the years with fine displays at US Open
Manchester United will continue their pursuit of Neymar and are hoping to negotiate a £240 million deal for the Brazilian. Neymar has a £130m buyout clause, while United expect to pay him £75m over five years.
Jose Mourinho has doubts over Cesc Fabregas and Nemanja Matic as a partnership and wants to bring Paul Pogba to Stamford Bridge. Chelsea will pursue the Frenchman until deadline day, hoping to secure a £70m deal.
Paris Saint-Germain are looking at both Real Madrid's Toni Kroos and Barcelona's Sergio Busquets as they target a replacement for Thiago Motta, who will join Atletico Madrid.
Manchester United set to replace the outgoing Angel Di Maria with Benfica's Nicolas Gaitan
Official: Atletico Madrid sign Jackson Martinez