- Halilhodzic: People accused Mahrez of giving me money to go to World CupThe former Algeria coach was criticized for calling up a relative unknown, but knew that he hadn't made a mistake.Full Story »
- Arab Women Sports Tournament 2016 concludes with Sharjah Ladies Club winning 25 medalsThe 3rd Arab Women Sports Tournament (AWST 2016) concluded yesterday with another gold medal for the Sharjah Ladies Club (SLC) who won...Full Story »
- Salah scores, suffers injury in Roma's win over CarpiRoma's good form under Luciano Spalletti continued as Friday as a 3-1 win away to Carpi propelled the Giallorossi into Serie A's Champions League qualification places.Full Story »
1 - 2 OF 10
- Former FIFA secretary general Valcke banned 12 yearsFormer FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke is banned for 12 years by the ethics committee of football's world governing body.
- Cannavaro sacked by Al-NassrThe Italian has been jettisoned after an unsuccessful spell in Saudi Arabi, which only began in October, as his side fell hopelessly away in their quest to retain the league title
- Raul: Real Madrid can dream under ZidaneThe club legend has backed his former team-mate to win trophies at the Bernabeu
- Palestine to support Prince Ali’s FIFA presidency bidTheir Royal Highnesses Prince Ali and Princess Haya on Tuesday sent a letter to Jibril Rajoub, president of the Palestinian Football Federation...
- Mido apologizes to Zamalek fansZamalek's sacked coach Ahmed 'Mido' Hossam apologized to the Whites' fans, congratulated Ahly supporters after their win in the Cairo derby.
- FIFA candidate Infantino visits Iran in battle for votesUEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino arrived in Iran on Wednesday after deciding to leave no stone unturned in his bid for votes in this month's FIFA presidential election.
- Ronaldo remains world's best footballer, says ZidaneReal Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has thrown his support behind an underperforming Cristiano Ronaldo, labelling the star striker as the best player in the world.
- Zamalek sack Mido following derby loss to Ahly Zamalek dismissed coach Ahmed 'Mido' Hossam after the team's 2-0 loss to Ahly in the Cairo derby on Tuesday.
- Video: Ahly ease past Zamalek, open up seven-point gapMalick Evouna ran half the length of the pitch, bamboozled three defenders and placed a shot into the bottom corner as Ahly claimed the Cairo derby bragging rights by beating Zamalek 2-0 to go seven points clear at the top of the Egyptian Premier League table on Tuesday.
- European clubs back Infantino for FIFA presidencyLeading European clubs are supporting UEFA secretary general Gianni Infantino in his bid to become president of football governing body FIFA, Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said Tuesday.
1 - 2 OF 10
- ITU World Triathlon Abu Dhabi organizers forecasting a sold-out eventOrganisers of next month’s ITU World Triathlon Abu Dhabi are forecasting a sold-out event with over 1,200 athletes already signed up for the challenge which returns to the shores and roads of the UAE capital on March 4-5.
- Karolina Pliskova tipped to shine at Dubai Duty Free Tennis ChampionshipsKarolina Pliskova will be hoping to go one stage further and win the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships title after finishing as runner-up to Simona Halep last year.
- Tour of Qatar organizers under pressure following massive crashOne cyclist was left with a broken collarbone after mass pile-up
- Simona Halep gets wildcard for Dubai Duty Free Tennis ChampionshipsA stunning four of the world’s top five and six of the top 10 will compete in the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships WTA event next week after defending champion and world number three Simona Halep, 2015 Dubai finalist Karolina Pliskova and two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova accepted wild cards into the tournament.
- Qatar keen to host Summer OlympicsDespite two unsuccessful bids in the past, Doha has still not given up on its dream to host the Summer Olympics, Qatar Olympic Committee (QOC) secretary-general Dr Thani al-Kuwari has said.
- Lebanese basketball icon El-Khatib returns from China, rejoins RiyadiLebanese basketball icon Fadi El-Khatib returned to the country late Sunday after ending his second stint in the Chinese Basketball Association League with Fujian club, who failed to make the playoffs.
- Egypt’s Sporting Club defeats Jordan's Orthodox Club in basketball at AWSTThe Egyptian Sporting Club has defeated Jordan's Orthodox Club 48-47 after a very tough basketball match as part of the third Arab Women Sports Tournament...
- Qatar sports officials to address AIPS CongressPresentations by top delegates and continental meetings of the 79th AIPS Congress (Association Internationale De La Presse Sportive or International Sports Press Association) start here Monday at the Doha Sheraton.
- Super Bowl 50: Denver Broncos defeat Carolina Panthers 24-10The Denver Broncos stifled the high-scoring Carolina offense and capitalized on critical fumbles by Panthers quarterback Cam Newton to win 24-10 in Super Bowl 50 on Sunday night.
- Qatar Airways Group to celebrate Qatar Sports DayQatar Airways Group employees, alongside their family members, are getting ready to celebrate this year’s Qatar National Sports Day at Al-Sadd Sports Club on Tuesday.
The pack rides on the highway during the second stage of the 2016 Tour of Qatar cycling race, starting and finishing at the Qatar University on February 9, 2016. Norway's Alexander Kristoff won a sprint finish ahead of Britain's Marc Cavendish in the second stage of the Tour of Qatar.
Naft Tehran's Reza Aliyari (L) and Qatar's El Jaish player Ricardo Romarinho chase the ball during AFC Champions League 3rd qualifying round play-off football match at the Azadi stadium in Tehran on February 9, 2016.
Rory McIlroy of Northern Ireland plays his third shot during the first round of the 2016 Dubai Desert Classic at the Emirates Golf Club on February 4, 2016 in Dubai.
First Women Sports Journalist Forum opens at 3rd Arab Women Sports Tournament in Sharjah @AWSTShj
Rickie Fowler of the United States celebrates with his trophy after winning in the final of the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship in the capital of the United Arab Emirates on January 24, 2016.
Real Madrid's French forward Karim Benzema celebrates after scoring during the Spanish league football match Real Madrid CF vs Real Sporting de Gijon at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid on January 17, 2016. AFP PHOTO/ PEDRO ARMESTRE
Real Madrid's new French coach Zinedine Zidane looks on before the Spanish league football match Real Madrid CF vs RC Deportivo La Coruna at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid on January 9, 2016. AFP PHOTO / GERARD JULIEN
Novak Djokovic of Serbia (L) poses for a photo with his winning trophy next to Rafael Nadal of Spain holding his second place trophy following the final of the Qatar Open tennis tournament on January 9, 2016, in Doha. AFP PHOTO / KARIM JAAFAR