- Iran handball team into Rio Olympic Qualifiers finalThe Iranian handball team defeated Bahrain 35-30 on Tuesday in Rio Olympic Qualifiers in Doha, Qatar and advanced to the final match.Full Story »
- IOC urge members to improve anti-doping programmes ahead of 2016 Olympic GamesThe President of International Olympic Committee (IOC), Thomas Bach, on Thursday said that extra effort must be taken to improve anti-doping programmes ahead of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Full Story »
1 - 2 OF 10
- Paqueta set to manage Zamalek following sudden departure of FerreiraBrazilian manager Marcos Paqueta said on Tuesday he is close to taking charge of Egyptian champions Zamalek following the sudden departure of Portuguese coach Jesualdo Ferreira.
- FIFA ethics committee seek life ban for PlatiniThe ethics committee of world football governing body FIFA has recommended UEFA president Michel Platini be banned for life, a report said Tuesday.
- 5 must have apps for football fansWhen you’re a die-hard football fan, you want updates on your team immediately. There’s no such thing as patience when an important match is on the line. Here are five apps that will keep you in the know wherever you are:
- PSG to wear new commemorative shirts as tribute to Paris attack victimsThe words 'je suis Paris' will replace the sponsor on Paris Saint-Germain's shirts for the next two games after the recent attacks in the French capital
- Blatter admits he was close to dyingFIFA's embattled president Sepp Blatter has revealed that he feared he would die when he recently got hospitalized due to stress injury.
- Zidane: I'm not ready to coach Real MadridThe France international has been tipped to replace Rafa Benitez but has explained why he is not looking to succeed the Spaniard this season
- Zamalek SC lash out with statement on runaway coach FerreiraZamalek Sports Club has issued a statement in response to Portuguese coach Manuel Gesualdo Ferreira’s decision to suddenly terminate his contract with the club on Saturday.
- Rivaldo backs Zidane to take Real Madrid jobThe Brazilian feels it is time for the Frenchman to take over at the Bernabeu and offered his congratulations to Barcelona following their Clasico win
- Tunisia's Etoile snatch late draw at Orlando Pirates in CAF Confederation Cup finalTunisia's Etoile Sahel struck late to snatch a 1-1 draw away to South Africa's Orlando Pirates in the first leg of the CAF Confederation Cup final on Saturday.
- Guangzhou beat Al Ahli to win AFC Champions League titleA moment of magic from Brazil’s Elkeson earned China’s Guangzhou Evergrande their second AFC Champions League title in three years on Saturday after a tense second leg of their final against UAE’s Al Ahli.
1 - 2 OF 10
- Qatar set to host first night World Touring Car ChampionshipQatar's inaugural FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) , 'Race of Qatar' starting at Lusail International Circuit Friday, will be unique as it will be the championship’s first night race and rally ace Nasser Saleh Al Attiyah will make his debut in the closing round of the world event.
- Aspiring UAE tennis players dream of facing the starsMubadala Community Cup gets underway this weekend at Meydan Tennis Academy in Dubai
- Oman's Fatma al Nabhani crashes out of Moroccan OpenOman's top tennis player, Fatma al Nabhani, was knocked out of the US$10,000 Morocco Open ITF championship in the last-four stage in Casablanca recently.
- Al-Attiyah feels good after first run in WTCC car Qatar’s Nasser Saleh al-Attiyah said he is feeling good ahead of his debut in the FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC), having tested his Campos Racing Team Chevrolet at the Losail International Circuit yesterday.
- Etisalat partner 3rd Arab Women Sports Tournament as Platinum SponsorThe 3rd Arab Women Sports Tournament’s, AWST, Organising Committee has entered into a sponsorship agreement with Etisalat, making the Telecoms Corporation the first Platinum Sponsor of the Sharjah 2016 Tournament.
- McIlroy eyes Grand Slam post Dubai triumphFormer world number one golfer Rory McIlroy has said that one of his goals for 2016 is to play in the Masters tournament which would consequently complete his Grand Slam's set of winning all four majors.
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix officials reveal scale of preparations for F1 finaleYas Marina Circuit officials on Monday revealed some of the preparations involved to ensure that the venue is ready for the anticipated 60,000 sellout audience for the Formula One Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix between Friday and Sunday.
- Iran's handball team beat Saudi ArabiaIran defeated Saudi Arabia in the 2015 Asian Qualification Tournament on Sunday and made its way to the semifinals.
- Oman to host first skating championship on Nov 28The inaugural Oman Skating Championship will be held at the premises of the Oman Automobile Association (OAA) on November 28.
- Social apps motivate users to improve fitnessIt may seem anecdotal, but ask just about anyone who's had a serious fitness regimen about the role of social motivation, and you'll hear stories of running partners, gym buddies and well...
Mercedes-AMG's British driver Lewis Hamilton races during the Abu Dhabi Formula One Grand Prix at the Yas Marina circuit on November 23, 2014. AFP PHOTO / MARWAN NAAMANI
Libya's starting eleven pose for a picture ahead of the FIFA World Cup 2018 qualifying football match between Libya and Rwanda on November 13, 2015, at the Sousse Olympic stadium. AFP PHOTO / SALAH LAHBIBI
Fans of the Palestinian national team wave the national flag and the traditional chequerred keffiyeh during the AFC qualifying football match for the 2018 FIFA World Cup between Palestine and Saudi Arabia on November 9, 2015, at the Amman International Stadium in the Jordanian capital. AFP PHOTO / KHALIL MAZRAAWI
Heavy rain in Jordan floods Amman International Stadium
Reports in Spain suggest Inter have rekindled interest in Valencia’s Sofiane Feghouli.
FIFA candidate Sheikh Salman: Torture claims are 'nasty lies'
Cannavaro takes coaching job with Saudi champions Al-Nassr
Roma turn to FIFA over missing payments from Al-Ittihad for Marquinho deal