- Marc Wilmots likely to take over as Algeria national team coachThe Algerian Football Federation (FAF) has placed former coach of Belgium, Marc Wilmots on top of its wish list for the 2018 World Cup showdown between Nigeria and Algeria in Uyo on November 12.Full Story »
- Kuwait sports regulations don't contradict with Olympic charter -- officialChairman of Kuwait's Olympic Committee Sheikh Fahad Jaber Al-Ali Al-Sabah has anew affirmed that the State of Kuwait's sports regulatory laws absolutely do not contradict with the international Olympic Charter.Full Story »
- Egyptian government’s fear of widespread protests leads to continued closure of stadiumsEgyptian general-turned-president Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi’s failed economic policies are prompting protests and widespread expressions of discontent.Full Story »
- Zamalek chairman claims sorcery behind Champions League title loss, accuses referee of briberySome Zamalek players wept tears of despair following the final whistle after missing out on the chance of delivering the Champions League triumphFull Story »
- South Africa's Sundowns clinch CAF Champions League title in Egypt finalSouth Africa's Sundowns on Sunday won their first African Champions League title despite conceding a 1-0 defeat by Zamalek of Egypt in the second leg of the final in the Egyptian coastal city of Alexandria.Full Story »
1 - 2 OF 10
- UAE Football Association requests postponement of AFC Champions League finalAl Ain’s players will be on international duty in Abu Dhabi only four days before South Korean showdown
- Golf Citizen to sponsor Arab Golf Championship in OmanGolf Citizen has teamed up with the Oman Golf Committee (OGC) to sponsor the Arab Golf Championship to be held at Ghala Golf Club in Muscat from November 9 to 12, underlining its commitment to bringing golf business to the forefront of digital technology.
- Worker dies at World Cup stadium in QatarA worker has died in a "work-related" incident at a stadium in Qatar, local organizers for the 2022 World Cup said late Saturday.
- Oman's Ahmed Al Kaf to referee AFC Champions League finalThe Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has nominated Oman's international football referee Ahmed Al Kaf to officiate the first leg of the prestigious AFC Champions League final in Jeonju, South Korea on November 19.
- FIFA president Infantino says appeal of women’s football growingThe Jordanian cities of Amman, Irbid and Zarqa hosted, from 30 September to 21 October, the 5th edition of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup, the biennial international women’s youth football championship contested by the under-17 national teams of the member associations of FIFA.
- Israeli football delegation’s visit to Bahrain sparks public outrageThe decision to host Israeli Football Association delegation in the Kingdom has sparked public outrage according to DT News.
- North Korea wins FIFA under-17 Women's World Cup Jordan 2016North Korea has become the first nation to win the Women's under-17 football World Cup for a second time, after beating Japan on penalties in Amman on Friday night.
- Egypt and Portugal seek better relations through sportsIn order to take Egyptian-Portuguese relations to the next level, at least in terms of the field of sports, Egyptian Minister of Sports and Youth Affairs Khaled Abdel Aziz recently met...
- Tunisia rise four places to 38th in FIFA World RankingsTunisia moved up 4 places to 38th in FIFA World Rankings released Wednesday. They also climbed to 4th in African standings ahead of Algeria and behind Ivory Coast (31st, +3) and Senegal (32nd).
- Afcon 2017 - Tunisia, Algeria in 'Group of Death'The draws for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations to be hosted by Gabon have been conducted.
1 - 2 OF 10
- Record numbers expected for Dubai Women’s RunNovember 4 event will start and finish at SkyDive Dubai on The Palm
- World's top jiu-jitsu athletes compete for glory in Abu Dhabi Grand Slam World Tour, TokyoA 22-member UAE contingent will take to the mat along with 447 athletes from 30 countries in the jiu-jitsu championship series...
- Egyptian Aya Medany elected to IOC’s Athletes CommissionPresident of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Thomas Bach sent a letter to Egyptian modern pentathlon champion Aya Medany, congratulating her on being appointed at the Athletes Commission of the IOC.
- Amman Samsung Kids Marathon kicks off FridayThe Samsung Amman Kids Marathon 2016 will kick off tomorrow Friday with the participation of hundreds of students .
- Walking, cycling can reduce diabetes riskFast walking or cycling for recommended 150 minutes a week can reduce a person's risk of developing type 2 diabetes by up to 26 percent.
- Few minutes of exercise can prevent disease, weight gain in women during menopauseAccording to new research, minimal exercise may be all it takes for postmenopausal women to better regulate insulin, maintain metabolic function and help prevent significant weight gain.
- Sixth Annual Dubai Women’s Run set for Friday, 4th NovemberThe UAE Athletics Federation is geared up for the 6th Annual Dubai Women’s Run under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Rashid...
- Pakistan Sports Board suggests to blacklist wrestling federation for victimizing wrestlerAn inquiry report of Pakistan Sports Board (PSB) had proposed to blacklist Pakistan Wrestling Federation and its top office bearers responsible for victimising a Pakistani wrestler who managed to win two medals in Commonwealth Wrestling Championship Australia 2011.
- China Kashgar wins FIBA Asia Champions Cup, Lebanon’s Al Riyadi comes 2ndThe FIBA Asia Champions Cup 2016 crowned a new champion on Sunday with China Kashgar winning the title at the expense of Lebanon’s Al Riyadi, 96-88. Petrochimi of Iran also finished in third place.
- Dubai Sevens launches schools programThe Emirates Airline Dubai Rugby Sevens is launching the Partner Schools Programme tomorrow with its first school visit to GEMS Royal Dubai School.
Mark Cavendish of Great Britain celebrates winning the fourth stage of the Abu Dhabi Tour in Yas Marina Circuit, in the United Arab Emirates, on October 23, 2016. Estonia's Tanel Kangert of the Astana team clinched the Tour of Abu Dhabi on Sunday at Yas Marina. NEZAR BALOUT / AFP
Camels stand at the starting line ahead of a camel race held in Kabad, southwest of Kuwait City on October 15, 2016. Yasser Al-Zayyat / AFP
Qatar's Hasan al-Haydos (R) celebrates after scoring a penalty during the 2018 World Cup qualifying football match between Qatar and Syria at the Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium in Doha on October 11, 2016. KARIM JAAFAR / AFP
LONG BEACH, CA - OCTOBER 2: Nayel Nassar of Egypt during the Longines Grand Prix event at the Longines Masters of Los Angeles 2016 at the Long Beach Convention Center on October 2, 2016 in Long Beach, California. Robert Laberge/Getty Images/AFP
Former Barcelona football player Xavi Hernandez (L), who currently plays for Al-Sadd in the Qatar Stars League, claps as he attends a training session during his visit to the al-Baqaa Palestinian refugee camp near Amman on September 29, 2016. Khalil MAZRAAWI / AFP
Britain's Ryan-Lee Moore (L) waves on his horse 'Found' as he celebrates winning the 95th Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe horse race at the Chantilly racecourse, northern France, on October 2, 2016. JACQUES DEMARTHON / AFP
Algerian athlete Taoufik Makhloufi, double silver medallist at the 1500m and 800m at the Olympic Games-2016 Olympics in Rio, arrives on September 14, 2016 in Algiers. Ryad Kramdi / AFP
Alaa Al Shbbli of Syria (L) fights for the ball with Ki Sung Yueng of South Korea (R) during the 2018 World Cup qualifying football match between South Korea and Syria at Tuanku Abdul Rahman Stadium in Seremban on September 6, 2016. MOHD RASFAN / AFP