- Is Qatar legally qualified to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup?The FIFA World Cup is bigger than the game of football. A great unifying force, it brings together people from all corners of the world and walks of life.Full Story »
- CAN 2017 qualifiers: Algeria to face Ethiopia in MarchAlgeria and Ethiopia match part of the third round of qualifiers of the African Cup of Nations CAN-2017, will take place Friday, March 25, 2016 at Mustapha Tchaker stadium in Blida, the Algerian Football Federation (FAF) said.Full Story »
- Tunisia's Etoile du Sahel beat Orlando Pirates to claim African Confederation Cup titleTunisia's Etoile Du Sahel beat South Africa's Orlando Pirates 1-0 in the second leg of the African Confederation Cup final in Sousse to triumph 2-1 on aggregate. Full Story »
1 - 2 OF 10
- UAE's Ahmed Khalil bags Asian Footballer of the Year awardUAE sharpshooter Ahmed Khalil stunned compatriot Omar Abdulrahman and China's Zheng Zhi on Sunday as he was named Asian player of the year at a glittering ceremony in India.
- Fekir dreams of Barcelona moveThe striker enjoyed a breakthrough season in 2014-15, forming a deadly partnership with Alexandre Lacazette, and says he hopes to one day play for the Catalan giants
- Koora Time wins best CSR Impact Initiative at CSR Awards Qatar 2015Qatar Football Association (QFA) and Qatar Shell’s Koora Time initiative has been honoured as the best Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Impact Initiative at the CSR Awards Qatar 2015, at a recent award ceremony in Doha.
- South America to back Infantino as next FIFA president South American football federations will back UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino to succeed embattled Sepp Blatter as the next FIFA president.
- Former FIFA president Havelange hospitalizedThe 99-year-old, who was succeeded by Sepp Blatter, is said to be in a stable condition at the Hospital Samaritano in Rio de Janeiro after suffering from respiratory problems
- Valbuena breaks silence on Benzema and sex tape blackmailThe Real Madrid ace is accused of conspiracy to blackmail the Lyon playmaker, who feels he has had his trust betrayed
- Pakistani football officials seek cooperation from BahrainVisiting Pakistani football team officials have called for strong and long-lasting cooperation from the Pakistan community and the Bahraini authorities to keep the football game alive in KPK...
- Dortmund head to UAE for winter training campBorussia Dortmund are to head to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates for a winter training camp early next year, the Bundesliga club said Thursday.
- Blatter wants honorable FIFA exitFIFA's embattled president Sepp Blatter has said that he deserves an honorable exit from the world's football governing body, insisting that he is `not a bad man`.
- Paqueta set to manage Zamalek following sudden departure of FerreiraBrazilian manager Marcos Paqueta said on Tuesday he is close to taking charge of Egyptian champions Zamalek following the sudden departure of Portuguese coach Jesualdo Ferreira.
1 - 2 OF 10
- Rosberg wins Abu Dhabi Grand PrixNico Rosberg of Mercedes won the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix to claim his third victory in succession and give world champion team-mate Lewis Hamilton pause for thought going into 2016.
- Martin Kaymer eyes Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf four-peatThree-time Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship champion and two-time Major winner Martin Kaymer has his 2016 New Year’s resolutions already marked on his card.
- UAE rooting for Lewis HamiltonCountry right behind Lewis thanks to shared significance of the No. 44
- Rosberg secures pole for Abu Dhabi GP, Vettel crashes out in Q1Nico Rosberg of Mercedes will start the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix from pole position on Sunday, ahead of team-mate Lewis Hamilton, but Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel suffered a disaster in Saturday's qualifying.
- Hamilton tops Abu Dhabi Grand Prix timesheets ahead of RosbergWorld champion Lewis Hamilton on Friday topped the first free practice seassion for the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix ahead of Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg.
- Iran handball team into Rio Olympic Qualifiers finalThe Iranian handball team defeated Bahrain 35-30 on Tuesday in Rio Olympic Qualifiers in Doha, Qatar and advanced to the final match.
- IOC urge members to improve anti-doping programmes ahead of 2016 Olympic GamesThe President of International Olympic Committee (IOC), Thomas Bach, on Thursday said that extra effort must be taken to improve anti-doping programmes ahead of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
- QFA to organize Gulf youngsters tournamentQatar Football Association (QFA) will host the eighth Gulf festival for U-14 youngsters between January 28 and 30 with the participation of six national teams from Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Oman.
- Qatar set to host first night World Touring Car ChampionshipQatar's inaugural FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) , 'Race of Qatar' starting at Lusail International Circuit Friday, will be unique as it will be the championship’s first night race and rally ace Nasser Saleh Al Attiyah will make his debut in the closing round of the world event.
- Aspiring UAE tennis players dream of facing the starsMubadala Community Cup gets underway this weekend at Meydan Tennis Academy in Dubai
UAE footballer Ahmed Khalil poses for photographers on his arrival at the Asian Football Confederation (AFC)'s Annual Awards ceremony in Gurgaon, on the outskirts of New Delhi on November 29, 2015. AFP PHOTO / SAJJAD HUSSAIN
Mercedes-AMG's British driver Lewis Hamilton races during the Abu Dhabi Formula One Grand Prix at the Yas Marina circuit on November 23, 2014. AFP PHOTO / MARWAN NAAMANI
Libya's starting eleven pose for a picture ahead of the FIFA World Cup 2018 qualifying football match between Libya and Rwanda on November 13, 2015, at the Sousse Olympic stadium. AFP PHOTO / SALAH LAHBIBI
Fans of the Palestinian national team wave the national flag and the traditional chequerred keffiyeh during the AFC qualifying football match for the 2018 FIFA World Cup between Palestine and Saudi Arabia on November 9, 2015, at the Amman International Stadium in the Jordanian capital. AFP PHOTO / KHALIL MAZRAAWI
Heavy rain in Jordan floods Amman International Stadium
Reports in Spain suggest Inter have rekindled interest in Valencia’s Sofiane Feghouli.
FIFA candidate Sheikh Salman: Torture claims are 'nasty lies'
Cannavaro takes coaching job with Saudi champions Al-Nassr