- Bolt says dropping 200-metres from Olympics would be 'ridiculous' Jamaican sprint superstar Usain Bolt is against the changes to Olympics athletics programmes and has termed the reports suggesting the 200-metres being among five events at risk of being removed from the Games as ridiculous, saying that it must not happen.Full Story »
- Alonso looking forward to successful era with McLarenDouble-time Formula One world champion Fernando Alonso said that he is looking forward to attain success with the newly joined McLaren-Honda team. Full Story »
- Club World Cup semi-final: San Lorenzo 2-1 Auckland City AETAngel Berlanga's goal threatened another major upset at the Club World Cup but the Argentines did enough to scrape into the finalFull Story »
- Club World Cup: ES Setif 2-2 Western Sydney Wanderers (5-4 on pens)An 88th-minute equaliser from Vitor Saba took the encounter to spot-kicks but Toufik Zerara held his nerve to seal the victoryFull Story »
1 - 2 OF 10
- Garcia quits Fifa over World Cup report controversyThe former United States attorney led the investigation by Fifa's Ethics Committee into the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments
- Taarabt: Balotelli never struck me as a world-class playerMoroccan international Adel Taarabt has confessed that Liverpool forward Mario Balotelli never struck him as a world-class player, thus escalating pressure on him on the account of a poor run at Liverpool.
- Club World Cup semi-final: Cruz Azul 0-4 Real MadridSergio Ramos and Karim Benzema's goals in the first half left the Concacaf club - who had a penalty saved - trailing before Gareth Bale and Isco cleaned up in the latter 45 minutes
- FIFA dismiss Garcia's appeal on his own World Cup investigationFIFA dismissed Michael Garcia's appeal against the summary of his investigation into the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, which were awarded to Russia and Qatar, on Tuesday.
- Club World Cup preview: Real Madrid v Cruz AzulThe European champions will be heavy favourites to progress to the final with their Mexican opponents making what is their maiden appearance in the tournament
- Henry retires from football to take up media careerFormer Arsenal and France striker Thierry Henry has announced his retirement from football after a trophy-laden career that spanned 20-years and has taken up a media role now.
- Uefa Champions League knockout fixture datesUefa Champions League round of 16 fixture dates
- Mata: Man Utd need to avoid relying on De GeaThe Spanish goalkeeper earned rave reviews again for his heroics in Sunday's 3-0 win over Liverpool but his compatriot would prefer that he had fewer saves to make
- Europa League draw: Roma to face Feyenoord, Tottenham meet FiorentinaThe Serie A outfit will have to deal with the Eredivisie giants, while a tricky trip to Turkey awaits Brendan Rodgers' struggling Reds
- Champions League draw: Man City meet BarcelonaThe English champions will have to deal with the Spanish giants, while Chelsea were paired with PSG again
1 - 2 OF 10
- Murray eyes winning start in Abu DhabiAndy Murray will line up at the Mubadala World Tennis Championship here next month with plans to get his year off to a perfect start with a victory.
- McIlroy bags BBC's Northern Ireland Sport Personality of 2014 awardNorthern Irish golf ace Rory McIlroy has been named as BBC Northern Ireland's Sport Personality of 2014 after Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton beat him by a small margin for the main national award.
- Woods to design new 18-hole championship golf course in DubaiFormer world number one golfer Tiger Woods would design the new 18-hole championship golf course in Dubai to be built by luxury real estate developers, DAMAC Properties and operated by The Trump Organization.
- Hamilton heaps praise on McIlroy ahead of Sports Personality of the Year awardFormula One world champion Lewis Hamilton has lauded compatriot golf star Rory McIlroy for having had a phenomenal year ahead of their showdown tonight for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award.
- ATP to increase prize money to 100 million dollars in 2015The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) has decided to increase the overall prize amount for the men's tennis tours, exceeding 100 million dollars for the first time in 2015.
- Sponsors slash lucrative deal with Schumacher amid fears over long-term recoveryFormula One legend Michael Schumacher has reportedly lost a lucrative endorsement deal with companies as they no longer see him as a viable role model for their products.
- McLaren set to retain Button to partner Alonso for next F1 seasonMcLaren is reportedly set to retain 2009 formula one world champion Jenson Button to partner Spaniard Fernando Alonso in their 2015 driver line-up.
- Cricket gains momentum among women in UAEThe enthusiasm among women cricketers, who attended the selection camp to make the UAE squad in Sharjah, showed the game is making fast inroads.
- Djokovic says 2015 will be unpredictableAS A new tennis season beckons with the Australian Open next month, there is anticipation in air.
- McIlroy wins Golf Writers Trophy for second time in three yearsFollowing an impressive season that saw the Northern Irishman claim two major championships and play an influential role in Europe's Ryder Cup victory, world number one golfer Rory McIlroy bagged the Golf Writers Trophy for the second time in three years.
Milan ponder Sneijder move
Man Utd may have to sacrifice De Gea for Bale
Campbell plans to leave Arsenal in January
Mourinho wants to bring Varane to Chelsea
Man City v Man United tunnel cam: Ex-Chelsea men Lampard & Mata hug
Man United's Rojo out for up to 3 months with dislocated shoulder
Conte 'keeping an eye' on Italy outcast Balotelli
Suarez during El Clasico