- Oman dedicate Asian beach soccer title to Sultan Qaboos bin SaidOman, the newly crowned Asian beach soccer champions, returned to a hero's welcome on Sunday with the Oman Football Association (OFA) and the members of the team dedicating the title to His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said.Full Story »
- Wessels overcomes Rebuyas to win Abu Dhabi Wilson Tennis CupThe Abu Dhabi Wilson Tennis Cup served up a final day feast for players and fans at Zayed Sports City’s International Tennis Centre on Friday, as the third edition of the annual tournament drew to a close with the Men’s Open final.Full Story »
1 - 2 OF 10
- Friendly: Morocco 0-1 UruguayThe striker slotted home from 12 yards on 51 minutes, with that goal enough to seal a comfortable friendly win
- Oman clinch Asian Beach Soccer titleHaving qualified for the World Cup, Oman and Japan fought a royale battle on the sands of Doha, before Talib Hilal's boys clinched the issue 3-2 via penalties in the Asian Beach Soccer Championship on Saturday.
- Barcelona’s Xavi signs for Al SaddBarcelona and Spain's Xavi Hernandez, one of the greatest midfielders of the modern era, has signed for Qatari side Al Sadd, officials in the Gulf claimed on Saturday.
- Maradona supports Prince Ali in FIFA presidential campaignArgentine football legend Diego Maradona said Saturday he supports Jordan's Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein in the campaign to dethrone Joseph Blatter as president of the world governing body FIFA.
- Blatter tells Platini: World doesn't revolve around EuropeThe Fifa chief has rejected the Uefa boss' calls for the continent to get more places in the World Cup due to its nations filling the top spots in the rankings
- Resolution close on a winter World Cup in 2022"FIFA edged closer to finally deciding the fate of the World Cup in Qatar opting for it to be played during the months of November and December."
- Friendly: Japan 2-0 TunisiaThe Borussia Dortmund & AC Milan stars changed the game after being brought on as substitutes early in the second half
- Xavi agrees Al Sadd dealXavi reportedly signed a three-year deal with the Qatari side
- Friendly: France 1-3 BrazilOscar and Luiz Gustavo scored either side of the Barcelona star after Raphael Varane had put the home side ahead
- Friendly: Bahrain 0-6 ColombiaThe struggling Manchester United loanee scored twice and laid on another for Carlos Bacca in a comfortable friendly triumph
1 - 2 OF 10
- Ecclestone's idea for all-woman F1 championship shot down by Susie Wolff In a bid to rescue the sport's plunging unpopularity, Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone has put forward the idea for an all-woman Formula One championship, but it has been shot down by the sport's best-known female racer.
- Brown Panther wins Dubai Gold CupBrown Panther raced away from the field early in the straight to win the Dubai Gold Cup by three-and-a-quarter lengths and give connections including ex-England, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Manchester United football star Michael Owen success with their first runner at the Dubai World Cup meeting.
- Palestinians hold Bethlehem Marathon to protest Israeli restrictionsMore than 3,000 people took part in the third annual Palestine Marathon in Bethlehem on Friday, an event intended to draw attention to Israeli restrictions on movement in the West Bank.
- Djokovic dominates latest ATP world rankingsWorld number one Novak Djokovic has consolidated his lead at the top of the of the ATP rankings after his three-set win over number two Roger Federer in the Indian Wells Masters final on Sunday.
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells titleNovak Djokovic outlasted Roger Federer 6-3, 6-7 (5-7), 6-2 to win the Indian Wells Masters title for a second year in a row on Sunday.
- Race for 2022 Winter Olympics bid enters final phase in BeijingThe race between China and Kazakhstan for the 2022 Winter Olympics bid has entered its final phase as the International Olympics Committee (IOC) evaluation commission Monday began a five-day inspection in Beijing.
- Winter sport will have to adjust for 2022 Qatar World CupWinter sport will have to react to a football World Cup played in November and December in Qatar in 2022, but there could be positive effects, International Ski Federation (FIS) president Gian Franco Kasper said Sunday.
- Djokovic beats Murray to set up final against Federer at Indian Wells World number one Novak Djokovic cruised into the final of the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells following a comfortable straight sets win over Britain number one Andy Murray.
- Hamburg formally named German bidder for 2024 OlympicsHamburg was on Saturday formally chosen as Germany's bidder for the 2024 Olympics, with the aim to bring the Games to the country for the first time in 52 years.
- Raonic rolls Nadal to set up semi-final with FedererMilos Raonic will face Roger Federer in the semi-finals of the Indian Wells Masters after the Canadian stunned Rafael Nadal on Friday 4-6, 7-6 (12-10), 7-5.
Jovetic agrees Inter move
Pele: Ronaldo better than Messi but wait for Neymar
Neymar: Ronaldo should be punished
Mourinho and Guardiola similar - Fabregas
Garcia backs calls for goal-line technology
Di Maria: Ronaldo won't return to Manchester United
Podolski's shirt for his debut match between Juventus v Inter
Hart signs new Manchester City deal