Al Jazeera secure MENA rights for UEFA's Champions League and Europa League
The broadcaster has bought exclusive rights for MENA across all media platforms, UEFA said, without disclosing the value of the deal.
Al Jazeera – already the regional home of live English Premier League until summer 2016 – will also screen extensive highlights and delayed programming of the European club competitions, with services provided in Arabic, English and French, the football association said.
The broadcaster plans to launch three new high definition channels to accommodate the extra football content it has acquired this summer.
In addition to the new deals with UEFA and the English Premier League, club content for English teams Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur, and Italian teams AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus are also reported to be among Al Jazeera Sport’s recent acquisitions.
- Al Jazeera buys Premier league TV rights in Middle East & North Africa
- UEFA consider ditching Europa League in favour of extended CL
- UEFA warns Man City against cheating through inflated sponsorship deals
- How to watch the Premier League on TV in UAE
- Europa League winners to get Champions League spot from 2015