Alonso vows to emulate Schumacher's success with Ferrari
Ferrari star Fernando Alonso has vowed to match one of the greatest racing achievements of former Ferrari champion and Formula One legend Michael Schumacher, who is currently in a coma following a near-fatal skiing accident.
Alonso, who pulled off the covers off the new Ferrari racer, is planning to emulate Schumacher, who ended Maranello's 21-year wait for a champion in his fifth season with Ferrari.
According to the Mirror, Alonso said that he hopes to emulate Schumacher's feat of winning the title in his fifth year and repeat the success that the retired German racer had in his heydays.
The car with which Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen will fly the Scuderia Ferrari flag in this years Formula 1 World Championship will be called the F14-T Unveiled: The new Ferrari F14-T, the report added. (ANI)
- Alonso dismisses Ferrari departure speculation
- Schumacher's Ferrari suit expected to fetch more than 15,000 pounds at auction
- `Comatose` Schumacher's 1998 Ferrari sold for $1.7m at auction
- Damon Hill: F1 owes Michael Schumacher an enormous debt
- Alonso vows to emulate `comatose` Schumacher's `fifth-year` success with Ferrari