Arsenal squad may face pay cut if fail to qualify for CL
Media reports have revealed that Arsenal, when negotiating new deals this season and last, asked its players to agree to the reduction in wages.
According to the Daily Star, speculations are that some of the squad members signed up for the clause despite some players refusing to agree to the pay cut and that the club believing that the deal was unlikely to come into effect.
Arsenal is looking at a minimum of 35 million-pounds in its accounts if they make it into the Europe's top club competition, but the club looks in a battle with Everton to secure the fourth place in the Premier League this season, the report added. (ANI)
- Real Madrid manager Mourinho hoping for a win in CL against Man City
- AC Milan show interest in Man City's Micah Richards
- Atletico's dubious tax history overshadows domestic and European success
- Kuwait: the 'sleeping giant' with lost dreams
- KSA's Al-Nasr to cut salaries of players caught smoking 'Shisha'