FA Cup quarter-final: Arsenal to face Everton
Roberto Martinez will need to traverse an away trip to Arsenal in the FA Cup quarter-finals if he is to win the competition for a second consecutive season.
Everton, who beat Swansea City 3-1 at Goodison Park on Sunday to book their place in the sixth round, claimed a 1-1 draw at the Emirates Stadium earlier this season, but were hammered 4-0 by their Merseyside rivals at Anfield.
Elsewhere, Gus Poyet could be set for quick return to the Amex Stadium and former employers Brighton, with Sunderland drawn against either the Seagulls or Steve Bruce's Hull City.
Quadruple-chasing Manchester City, meanwhile, will face reigning FA Cup holders Wigan Athletic at the Etihad Stadium, with Manuel Pellegrini's men having defeated Chelsea 2-0 en route to the quarters.
The draw in full:
Arsenal vs Everton
Brighton or Hull City vs Sunderland
Sheffield United vs Sheffield Wednesday or Charlton
Manchester City vs Wigan Athletic
- Premier League: Man Utd, Arsenal win emphatically as Stoke holds City to draw
- Arsenal v Hull City: Preview and projected lineups
- Arsenal to stick with Wenger despite 6 in 10 fans wanting him out
- Martinez believes Everton can reach Champions League but need to be perfect
- Man City to dismiss Mancini and bring in Pellegrini