Arsenal overtakes Man Utd as most popular football club in China
Chinese soccer fans have backed Arsenal as their favorite club, as they turn up in large numbers to watch the London club on tour.
An online survey of Chinese fans reveals Arsenal has taken over Manchester United as the most popular football club in China.
Arsenal edged David Moyes' side as the most popular club with Italian side AC Milan third, and ahead of Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona, The CNN reports.
Germany was chosen as the most popular national side in China ahead of Italy and Spain while the English Premier League was the overwhelming favorite national division among Chinese fans, receiving 50 percent of the votes ahead of Spain's La Liga and Italy's Serie A.
The survey was conducted by Coventry University's Center for the International Business of Sport (CIBS) in England between September and November last year, and drew a total of 15,586 responses. (ANI)
- Spanish midfielder Santi Cazorla signs for arsenal in a £15m deal
- Man Utd boss Moyes hopes to reunite Fabregas with Van Persie
- Cazorla says Spain-based players bored of Madrid-Barcelona dominance
- Arsenal set to hold 'serious talks' with Man U over Van Persie
- 'Furious' Wenger to journalists: l will be missed once I leave Arsenal