Arsenal to stick with Wenger despite 6 in 10 fans wanting him out
The club has agreed to an extension to Wenger's contract, whose term as Arsenal's manager ends this summer, but the current boss is delaying his signing until the season end.
According to Metro.co.uk, 63 percent of more than 4,000 readers want Wenger to quit this summer and Arsenal's failure to win the FA Cup and qualify for the Champions League could make the Frenchman's position shaky among fans.
Despite growing uncertainty from within the club over Wenger's decision to continue if the season ends badly for the club, the board members are reportedly backing his reign and not thinking about withdrawing their offer.
Arsenal face Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday, and if they win they would go up against either Hull City or Sheffield United at Wembley, while the Champions League fate is now out of their hands after the 3-0 defeat to Everton, the report added. (ANI)
- 'Furious' Wenger to journalists: l will be missed once I leave Arsenal
- Wenger to stay on at Arsenal despite move rumours
- Wenger to complete two-decade boss role at Arsenal!
- Wenger considers Arsenal's humiliating defeat to Chelsea an 'accident'
- Wenger insists he sacrifices each day in career trying to win trophies