Arsenal to splash-out regardless of Van Persie's decision
Arsenal is now confident of landing 16 million pound Malaga winger Santi Cazorla and will make a bid in the next 48 hours.
Cazorla, who played for Spain twice at Euro 2012, is keen to join the Gunners and would become the club's third signing of the summer.
But before watching his team score two late goals to win their first tour of the Far East 2-1 against a Malaysia XI, Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis told Wenger he could continue to chase more targets over the next two weeks.
Despite insisting otherwise, Wenger still wants Rennes 17 million pound-rated midfielder Yann M'Vila as he is unconvinced over the fitness of injury-jinxed Abou Diaby.
Wenger is also set to pursue 17-year-old striker M'Baye Niang who plays for French club Caen although he has already seen a six million bid rejected, The Sun reports.
Wenger is understood to have been given a boost that, finally, he will be allowed to strengthen a squad which still needs improving if they are to stand any sort of chance of finishing in the top two. (ANI)
- Wenger preferred to sell Van Persie to foreign club rather than Man Utd
- Wenger fears 'being haunted' by Van Persie's departure
- Cazorla urges Arsenal to quickly fill Van Persie and Song void
- Spanish midfielder Santi Cazorla signs for arsenal in a £15m deal
- Wenger confident Podolski can lead Arsenal to PL title