Ashley Cole says Torres is Chelsea's 'main man'
The Stamford Bridge's triumph over Newcastle was the Champions League kings' third successive victory this season, which sent a little reminder to the rest of the Premier League that they mean business again.
"Now, he is the main man. He is full of confidence after winning the European Championship with Spain and he has scored a great goal here," The Sun quoted Cole, as saying.
"We have lost Didier Drogba, who was a big, powerful presence up front. Sometimes we just used to knock it up to him. But now we've got to get the ball down and play a little bit more," he added.
Eden Hazard also got his first Blues goal from the penalty spot when Torres tumbled in the area. But the revitalised Spanish striker added the second in first-half stoppage time from a superb right-foot strike.
"Eden deserves a lot of credit for the start we've had. He has won two penalties, had two assists and now has a goal. It's phenomenal. We're proud to have this guy in the team and, hopefully, he can keep doing it," Cole said. (ANI)
- Torres: Playing alongside Hazard is a privilege
- Chelsea's Torres eyes Premier League trophy
- Chelsea manager Benitez admits Lampard, Cole likely to leave at end of season
- Torres: There was a moment when I didn't care if Chelsea won or lost last season
- Torres says Chelsea among favorites to win EPL title