Ashley Cole signs new contract with Chelsea
Cole's signing of the contract will be a breath of fresh air for Chelsea fans who had been unhappy over the club's delay in fixing a new deal with the left-back, reports The Telegraph.
Cole's teammate Frank Lampard is also out of contract at the end of the Premier League campaign and has been linked with a move to the American club Los Angeles Galaxy.
Cole had been a permanent fixture for Chelsea since 2006 and in that time he has been part of squads that have won one Premier League title, four FA Cups and one League. He was also part of the team that defeated Bayern Munich in last year's Champions League final. (ANI)
- Chelsea manager Benitez admits Lampard, Cole likely to leave at end of season
- Chelsea 'legend' Lampard in talks with AC Milan
- Ashley Cole insulted by Chelsea's 'pitiable' one-year contract offer
- Cole to leave Chelsea at end of season after snubbing contract extension
- Ashley Cole considering joining Thierry Henry at New York Red Bulls