Bale to sign 150,000 pound a week contract to stay with Tottenham
Missing out on Champions League has serious implications for Spurs' revenue streams and left the club vulnerable to bids for their better players.
The Guardian quoted Spurs' chairman Daniel Levy, as saying that giving Bale about 150,000 pounds a week is a serious statement of intent, as other suitors, including Real Madrid are keen to buy the player.
Bale has scored for the club 31 times and has always indicated the willingness to stay.
The club hopes to qualify for the Champions League next time with Bale sticking around.
According to the report, the manager said that it is difficult to lure a player of Bale's dimension away.
The club is revising its structure and is looking forward for good grabs in summer window to make a stronger squad, the report added. (ANI)
- Bale to stay at Tottenham regardless of Champions League success?
- Tottenham confident Bale will stay on at 170,000 pounds-a week deal
- Bale drops strong hints confirming stay at Tottenham
- Villas-Boas: Bale will stay if Tottenham qualify for Champions League
- Bale considering move to Man Utd despite Tottenham's refusal