Balotelli says Man City fans still love him despite England's Euro 2012 exit
Italian striker Mario Balotelli has said he wouldn't be joining any Serie A club next season, as the Manchester City fans still love him despite assisting in knocking out England from the Euro Cup in the quarterfinal.
Balotelli's two goals during their 2-1 semifinal Euro win against Germany has already won him hero status in Italy, and a host of Italian clubs are interested in getting him back home, but the crazy striker insists he would go back to Etihad after the Euros conclude.
"Come back now? I go back to Manchester. The City fans always want me, even though they are British - and I have helped eliminate their national team," The Sun quoted Balotelli, as saying.
Balotelli said this year has been special to him, and added that even if Italy falters against reigning European champions Spain in the final, it would make this year no les special for him.
"It's been a special year for me. We won the Premier League at Manchester City last season - so having a good season doesn't depend on me winning the Euros," Balotelli said.
"Yes, it would be something special for me but if we don't win it, it wouldn't spoil the other things," he added. (ANI)
- Mancini warns Balotelli not to return to his old ways
- Barwuah Balotelli registers both family names on Italy shirt for Euros
- Mancini: Man City will not sell Balotelli
- Mancini plays down training ground bust-up with Balotelli
- Balotelli dedicates goals in Italy's Euro SF win over Germany to adoptive mother