Barcelona tells Arsenal to forget about signing David Villa on loan
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has made bolstering his strike force a priority in January with Villa among his wish list, the Daily Mirror reports.
The Gunners boss was left reeling after top target Klaas-Jan Huntelaar opted to stay with German club Schalke, but Villa will not be heading to the Emirates, according to Barcelona director of football Andoni Zubizarreta.
Zubizarreta said Barcelona would keep Villa with the club, as they don't like to sell their star players in January. (ANI)
- David Villa wants £14m summer move to Arsenal
- Arsenal will not sign 'exceptional' players during winter transfer window!
- Beckham's presence 'positive' on young Arsenal players, says Wenger
- Barcelona eye Arsenal's Wilshere as replacement for Xavi, Iniesta
- Man Utd boss Moyes hopes to reunite Fabregas with Van Persie