Barcelona in top physical condition, says Pique
Gerard Pique has stressed that Barcelona are in superb shape physically ahead of the decisive stages of the 2012-13 campaign.
There were question marks over the Blaugrana's condition after a number of disappointing performances in February, but the centre-back has insisted they are back to full fitness.
"We’re going into the final stretch of the season in top physical condition," Pique was quoted as saying on the club's official website.
"We know what football is like, one week you’re the best team in the world and the next you’re the worst.
"We know how to measure ourselves and we know it’s important to be cool headed about it."
The defender then reflected on the 3-1 Liga win over Rayo Vallecano at the weekend, and stated the Madrid-based side did not make things easy for Barcelona.
"We have enough experience to know that these matches are not easy at all and that we needed to be just as intense tonight as we were on Tuesday [against Milan]," he added.
"Rayo worked hard and they made it difficult for us."
Barcelona continue to dominate the Primera Division and hold a 13-point lead over second-placed Real Madrid.
- Barcelona spied on Pique during affair with Shakira
- Messi dismisses 'crisis at Barcelona' rumours ahead of CL showdown with Milan
- Real Madrid ready for Barcelona after convincing win over Rayo Vallecano
- Barcelona's Messi scores versus 19 different Liga teams in a row
- Fabregas: Spain-Portugal Euro 2012 quarter final clash similar to 'El Clasico'