Barcelona praise Suarez's humility
Andoni Zubizarreta, sporting director of Barcelona football club, in a press conference, commended Luis Suarez for his humility after the Uruguayan striker admitted the bite for the first time via a twitter message.
The 52-year-old retired Spanish goalkeeper, Zubizarreta, added that Suarez had the character to acknowledge his mistake and referred it as a starting point for a person's recovery process, Sports24 reported.
Spanish media has reported that Barcelona is interested in negotiating with Liverpool over Suarez only if he apologises for biting Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini.
However, Zubizarreta refused to comment on such prospect. (ANI)
- Messi would welcome Suarez at Barcelona despite World Cup bite shame
- 'Biting' again could cost Suarez £3m from Barcelona pay
- Suarez appeals to CAS against four-month FIFA footballing ban
- Suarez set for Barcelona debut against Real Madrid
- Suarez scores first Uruguay goals in 3-0 friendly win against Oman since biting ban