Barcelona willing to pay €60m for Neymar
The 20-year-old is the most wanted player in world football and the Catalan club are desperate to fight off competition from Manchester City, Chelsea and Bayern Munich as the race hots up for his signature.
Barcelona have already indicated they are willing to pay Santos €60m release clause for their playmaker and have now launched a charm offensive led by Neymar's Brazilian compatriot Dani Alves.
According to media reports, the relationship between the pair is excellent, to the extent that Neymar treats the Barca right-back "like a big brother" and seriously considers his advice both on and off the pitch.
Alves has made it his personal mission to convince his Seleçao team-mate to join him at club level as well. Goal.It is also understood that Alves recently called Neymar to tell him about his fantastic experience as a Barca player and, since then, has not stopped insisting that the team would be unstoppable if the Santos attacker were to join forces with players such as Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta.
Barcelona's courtship of Neymar has also involved club president Sandro Rosell who, over the last two years, has been trying to convince the mercurial youngster that the Camp Nou environment is best for his development.
- Neymar planned social media campaign against racism ahead of Alves' 'banana stunt'
- Real Madrid offered double Barcelona's bid for Neymar
- Rosell: Neymar wanted Barcelona more than Chelsea and Real Madrid
- Man City try to lure Neymar with a 'name-your-price offer'
- Manchester City start talks with Santos to sign £32m superstar Neymar